Friday, January 31, 2014

The Horse


It's been a while since Lefty and Lily looked like this.  Lily will never look like she did in the above photo, as most of the solid brown on her front, her legs and her head has turned white, which is common as horses age.

Now, Lefty----he could look like that again if he loses some weight. 

I posted the photo this morning in honor of this year's Chinese New Year which is "The Year of the Horse."  Actually, it began yesterday in China, but this is Jan. 31 where these horses live, so I think celebrating today will be appropriate.

If all goes well, my two horses will fill a major role in this year's bucket list.  We all need something to direct us, something just a little different.  

In this case, I've decided to send them away for a month.  They'll be spending that time learning some more about being well-trained horses with our family friend Monty.

He was offering a special on his training fees, and I got to thinkin' that it might be great to take him up on it and have my two friends tuned up, slimmed up and ready to go when we return from Ireland. 

It's a crazy idea, but life's crazy ideas have often turned out to be my best memories. 

So, this year of the horse, I'm hoping to have two bomb-proof wonders who won't need a bunch of ground work every time I want to climb on.

Both horses have already gone to school several times, with Monty, my sister and with Roxane, and, as far as I can see, even horses can never get enough education.  

Guess this is gonna be a short post cuz I hear Debbie downstairs with the dogs.  

So, happy Friday.  And, find some way to fulfill the Year of the Horse for yourself, even if it's just going to a horse show or watching a movie.


No comments: