Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Slightly "Cool" Postcards from Selle

 Yup, pretty cool.  No school today.  We received notification at 10:10 p.m. last night that I wouldn't have to go to school.  Twelve years out, I'm still on the telephone tree.  Nice to still belong, and, yes, I was thrilled to learn I did not have to go to school today, as were hundreds of other teachers and students.

It is pretty cool----down around zero with a wind-chill, so even cooler.  Along with the cold has come STUNNING beauty.  I went out yesterday with my camera and my car nearby, just in case the fingers got too cold.

And, I had the time of my life snapping some Selle scenes on a frigid day.  Enjoy. 

GO ZAGS!
The Seven Sisters of the Selkirks from West Shingle Mill Road. 

A Selle Selfie.
Can anyone guess where I was standing?


The Lichter barn.  Imagine the stories it could tell. 

A relatively "new" Selle Farm southwest of the railroad tracks. 
Longtime Selle-ites, whose farm was/is this?



Love that Lichter barn, especially with the Seven Sisters in the background. 
The Lichter house with Schweitzer in the background. 
"GF" Gary Finney made this sign and tacked it up on a post on the land he now owns, once owned by the Hart family.  At least, that's what I'm guessing. 

Hart/Finney land

Had to get a perspective on the cold, which those drifts formed by the wind may provide. 

Heading north . . . .

Lichter barn and Schweitzer

Downtown Selle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whose farm was/is this?
Eva Mae Whitehead and fam?
- Joey W.