Sunday, April 27, 2014

After the Rains

Until late yesterday afternoon, I had never noticed the "panorama" feature on my cell phone.  That's normal for one-dimensional me.

If an item works for my immediate needs, I don't spend a lot of time reading the manuals or examining what all is available. 


Such discoveries of additional benefits often happen by accident.

Anyway, that chance discovery was nice yesterday, especially after the day-long rain stopped and stayed stopped for a period of more than five minutes.

Of course, once I discovered "panorama," I had to try it while out snapping photos of the contrasts between deep dark stormy clouds headed east and sunny scenes that followed the clouds.

As much as I complain about rain, I do appreciate many of its benefits, once it's come and gone, 'cept for messy situations like ankle deep mud in the barn yard and those sopping wet pant cuffs from walking through the yard.

The post-rain period brought us some breath-taking images, and I'm thinking the "panorama" feature may get more use in the future.

The shot above was taken as I stood in the road and rotated almost an entire circle.  So, it's a bit off perspective but kinda neat too. That's Taylor's field on the left and the view south on South Center Valley Road in the right side of the photo.

Everything's all squeaky clean from a very thorough cleansing.

I'm told that 80 miles away in Spokane, the weather was pretty nice yesterday.  I do know, however, that our rains extended north at least to Bonners Ferry.

After fulfilling my promise of shocking the coffee cult crowd, I did a few things at home and headed toward Bonners to do my grocery shopping.

A stop at Moose Valley led to some fun visiting and two sacks filled with sweet onion starts and seed potatoes. So, when the slop goes away, onions can go in the ground.

Potatoes may wait a while.

Hopes that the rain would have passed by the time I arrived home with groceries remained just that "hope."

So, more indoor projects, like paying bills, were completed.

It turned out to be a pretty productive day for both of us. Bill went to a fly-tying clinic at Big R and later met Willie to attend the fly fishing movies at the Panida.

I took an evening walk without feeling one raindrop and visited with neighbors up the road.

So far, the snow forecast for 7 a.m. this morning has failed to come.  


Sounds like a light mist is hitting the tin roof outside, and that's okay cuz I'm gonna hold the prognosticators to their claims that we'll be seeing 60s and 70s this week.

Happy Sunday. 



No comments: