Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Last Postcards from Beautiful Ireland . . . .

Add caption









NOTE:  I meant to publish this posting this morning.  Had set it to appear but did not push the right button.  So, now I shall, since we're home safely.


We'll be heading out for the Dublin Airport at pre-oh-dark-thirty tomorrow, so I'm preparing this post before the marathon trip home begins. 

Bill, Margaret and Annie are visiting Newgrange, a prehistoric tomb in County Meath north of Dublin.  Since Annie and I visited there three years ago, I chose to stay back and enjoy a relaxing day of solitude.  

My morning, spent alone, allowed me time to better organize my over-sized suitcase and, later, to spend some relaxing time at St. Stephens Green not far from our hotel. 

Of course, the camera went along.  At this point, I am very thankful that the camera's crash to the ground back at Blarney Castle did damage but not the kind that would prevent me from taking photos.

Many photos await, and I hope that some day we can return for another visit to this enchantingly beautiful country and family homeland. 

Many thanks to all the wonderful and warm people we met along the way, especially Patrick who worked overtime to see that we enjoyed ourselves.  Patrick checked in almost every day, and we appreciate that very much. 

The trip met and exceeded expectations.  

Now it is time to return home---via a brutally long time squashed into airline seats and then the seemingly endless drive home from the airport.  That two hours is the most difficult---this time because we'll be exhausted but more so because of those beloved animals waiting at home.

I can't wait to see them, but I must. 

Again, thanks to all who showed us Ireland's special brand of hospitality and those who followed the journey via Facebook and the blog and seemed to enjoy it as much as we did.

The blog may take a day or two off while I decompress and rest my brain.  So, thanks for your patience.  

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: