Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday Twitterdeedum

Roman Nose in the background. 







The Malaysian Connection:  Laura and Jeralyn. 
SHS media man Will Love with a tool of his trade. 

SHS principal Tom Albertson

To start off on this Tuesday, I must first mention the turkeys.  An otherwise quiet morning walk, filled with mist-filled scenes and highlighted Roman Nose Mountain overlooking a lovely cow pasture turned slightly chaotic as I neared our home.
It was time for the neighborhood to drive to work, and I threw my usual waves as cars passed by.  This morning a motorcyclist whom I’d not seen before headed south on South Center Valley Road at a pretty moderate speed.
I waved. 
He acknowledged and kept on putzing down the road.
Soon, he had to slow down for a herd of turkeys, crossing from east to west.
No problem.
A second later, a deer raced across the road from west to east.
This time amidst otherwise morning silence, I heard and saw the cyclist skid to a stop.
Lucky for him. 
He just missed the doe which was long gone and standing over near those trees in Taylor’s field with her fawns when I reached the spot where it could have turned tragic.
All’s well, though, and the turkeys decided the west side of the road was not to their liking, so they crossed again and scurried into Gary Finney’s field.
The mist made for some gorgeous scenes this morning on both sides of the road.  By the time, I reached Filipowski’s, however, mist had cleared, allowing me to snap that photo of Roman Nose and the Herefords.
In the “favorite people” category, it seemed to me yesterday that since Laura from Switzerland was at school picking up her schedule and hanging out in Willie's classroom that a photo of Laura and my dear friend Jeralyn was in order.
Laura's parents live in Malaysia, just as does Mike Flaim, whose sister is married to Jeralyn's brother. 
Twould be fun to take the photo and send it to both, I thought.
So, I did.  As Sandpoint High counselor, Jeralyn had already met Laura at the new-student orientation, but she was unaware of the Malaysian connection. 
We had a good visit while snapping some crazy and serious pictures.
I was at the school yesterday to play a small role in an administration-directed video, filmed by none other than Willie, the SHS media man.  Willie also starred in the video, which hinted to students to clean up after themselves, rather than expecting their mother to do so.
I won't reveal the outcome.  Let's hope the students get the message and keep SHS in a litter-free state.
And, speaking of SHS, I also snapped a photo of the new principal, whom I've known since the day I took a picture of him with spaghetti all over his face. 
Tom Albertson, a classmate of Jeralyn's, must have been all of 10 at the time.  He was enjoying the potluck offerings at a Gold n' Grouse 4-H Club picnic, and I was taking pictures for a special Bonner County Fair tabloid newspaper.
That was our first-ever meeting, and unfortunately, I forgot to bring spaghetti along for Tom. Since the potluck about 40 years ago, I've had the good fortune of knowing Tom as a student and later as a colleague.
To say he's the darling of all of us old fogey retired teachers and that we're thrilled to see him in this new position could be an understatement.
The way I see it, Sandpoint High is in good hands with Tom at the helm.  The only thing that bothers me is that now, instead of spaghetti on his face, Tom is wearing those cheaters. 
And, that makes me feel pretty old.

Good luck, Tom, and happy Tuesday to all. 

No comments: