Friday, September 26, 2014

Picture Talk









Just some photos taken over the week to start out this Friday.  Seems appropriate since I'm going to be visiting with a very successful photographer this morning. 

He took our wedding photos 40 years ago and few years before that, he got his official photography start mopping the dark room at Sandpoint High School.

Do I need to define "dark room"?  Seems that we don't see or hear about them much any more. 

The digital age has changed that.  Still, I'm sure photo technicians still work in darkrooms, making enlargements for folks, or do they?

Those machines at Wal-Mart and Staples make that process pretty easy and for a pretty reasonable price.  

My sister told me that the photo I used on yesterday's blog has been enlarged into a pretty big poster for use in their stall space at the Sport Horse nationals. 

I think she said that it's six feet tall and it cost $25, which isn't bad. 

Anyway, later this morning I'm going to visit with Chris Pietsch, the former darkroom maintenance man turned professional and multi-award-winning photographer.  

He takes trips all over the country when the University of Oregon is playing football or basketball, and he shoots other athletic events occurring at the Eugene campus. 

Chris, who graduated from Sandpoint High School in 1975, works for the Eugene Register-Guard newspaper, and his photos continue to win prestigious awards. 

So, I have a feeling we'll talk about photography.  We're meeting at Panhandle State Bank which is opening a new art/photo exhibit this evening.  I heard there might be some Love photos there, appearing in the "photography around the world" exhibit on the third floor.

I'm looking forward to our visit and looking forward to a whole weekend of visiting, as I'll be seeing a large group of first cousins on the Brown side of the family and will be spending some time with Annie. 

Plus, I'll probably take a camera.  Can't imagine life without one as there is so much beauty in this world to capture.  

Enjoy the photos above (taken in the Dufort area, the lake, Rapid Lightning and the back yard.

Happy Friday. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always love your photos and these are particularly spectacular!
Janet

MLove said...

Thanks, Janet.