Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesdaytwitterdeedum

Annie and her friends, Miriam and Kevin, beaming after receiving tickets to the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. 


That's Annie in the back row, clapping and about to get her high five from Jimmy. 






We’re fresh and clean outside this morning, thanks to an overnight light rain.  Now, the skies have cleared, and it looks like we’re in for another lovely autumn day.

Yesterday I drove to a spot up Rapid Lightning Creek to check the aspen.  I wondered if they’re high enough to have begun their fall color show.

When I arrived at the spot, I heard a “blirrp,” indicating a text message.  The sound surprised me because I’m used to having no reception on the Rapid Lightning Creek Road, but I must have been high enough that the signals bounced my way.

This particular message bounced all the way from New York City, where Annie has spent the weekend with some Seattle friends who now live in Minneapolis.

During their visit to the Big Apple, she's seen her share of stars, including British billionaire Richard Branson and Lenny Kravitz.  

Those sightings occurred while she and her friends, Kevin and Miriam, were waiting to see if they could get tickets to the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. 

They stood in line a long time and figured they were too late to get in.  After being told to come back later, they did some more sight seeing and returned.

That's when I got my text up Rapid Lightning Creek.

We're in . . . look for us on the Jimmy Fallon Show.  I'm assuming they were walking through the door at the time.

Anyway, I continued on, looking at the beautiful aspen grove, lamenting the fact that a number of them suffered the blow down syndrome which destroyed thousands of trees around this area over the summer. 

Still, the grove is impressive but not quite ready for the fall color show yet.  Maybe another week.  The lower growth, however, is popping out with its touch of brilliance, especially those ferns. 

At one spot where I parked, I could look over at the Wylie fire (must have misspelled it yesterday), which is still this morning putting out a lot of smoke.

The view also gave me a good look at Chimney Rock in the background. 

Guess I'll have to take another trip up there in several days.  That does not break my heart because it is a breath-taking experience looking that the mountains from a different perspective, especially the Selkirks. 

After coming home, I learned that Annie would be in the back row on the Tonight Show where she again got to see some big names in the entertainment biz, including that really funny lady on "Modern Family."  

At the very end, during the credits, Jimmy Fallon came around and gave audience members the high five.

Annie says she'll never wash her hand. . . until she meets the next big star.  So far, she's received a kiss on the cheek from Willie Nelson, a kiss blown from Viggo Mortensen in New Zealand and, now, Jimmy's high five. 

Tough life our daughter leads. 

Still, here in North Idaho we're getting ready to be star-struck with the upcoming fall beauty. Not a bad experience.

Happy Tuesday.  

No comments: