Saturday, October 04, 2014

Saturday Slight

Apples ready to pick

Dead leaves starting to pile up

Foster on the watch

Evening sun on a grazing Lefty

Always a beautiful sight; I'm getting to see a lot more of Lefty's ears on my daily rides AND all that pretty countryside. 

Lilipads on the way to the dump. 

Trees that always take my eye on the way to Spokane Airport via Boekel Road. 

We've already begun a busy weekend, and the best is yet to come.  This afternoon Laurie and Mani will star in a special reception at Tibbs Arabians, honoring their great successes at last week's Arabian Sport Horse Nationals.

Lots of horse talk and horse admiring will, no doubt, occur during the reception. 

Annie came home for the weekend, so we enjoyed a lively and festive meal at Second Avenue Pizza last night.  Sometime this weekend she and I will take a horseback ride.

I guess it will be a pretty horsey weekend, which is okay with me.  I'm enjoying Lefty more and more each time I ride him.

We've gotten to the point where I feel quite comfortable taking pictures from his back and enjoying a lot more of the scenery rather that worrying about every little distraction that could cause him to shy and unload me.

That still could happen, but reaching the point of feeling more comfort than anxiety is a good place to be. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to just letting the fun unfold and enjoying the beautiful weather that goes along with the activities. 

And, it's time to get ready, set and go with the day's events.  So, enjoy the photos, just taken out and about, and have a happy Saturday. 


No comments: