Friday, December 19, 2014

Fun in the Christmas Tree Forest

Bill brought home a Christmas tree yesterday.  He picked it up at Algoma---Peck's Farm Store.  It's a Grand Fir, but the really good news is that it came from Gold Creek.

Turns out it grew up in Albertsonville where Dennis Warren, who brings us gravel, lives.  Bill said Mr. Peck told him that Dennis brings him five trees a day, which means they're as fresh as a tree can get. 

The tree was more than seven feet tall, much too large for the little space available by our sliding glass door. 

It can be sawed off to any length, Bill said.  That's when I noticed that its trunk was perfectly straight and that any length would still mean a beautiful, well-shaped tree. 

After giving some time for the tree to dry, I brought in the stand and a saw.  This morning I happily announced to Bill that not one cuss word was uttered during the whole process of cutting the tree to size, inserting it in the stand and decorating.  That has to be a first for my career with Christmas trees.  

Like all the annual aspects of the Christmas season, many of our Lovestead tree ornaments have special significance, while others have been in the collection for the past 30 years, and I'm not sure how they got added.  

Still closer looks, once the tree is decorated and the lights are shining, elicit smiles and remembrance.  



Not sure who gave us this one, but I love it, especially the intricate apparel work. 

This old feller probably came on a bouquet of flowers.  Whatever the case, he's found a home and must have come down a chimney or two in his day with all that soot around his eye. 

My dear friend and relative by dog (specifically Border Collie) Jean sent me a couple of ornaments this past year, along with several bird feeders.  She knew the BC ornaments would melt my heart.  She was so right. 

Pictures don't lie.  You hung the ornament upside down, Marianne.  Oh well, it's still pretty to an ol gal who could have used her cheaters while decorating the tree.  Bill's twin sister Margaret sent me this beautiful butter knife last Christmas.  Too nice to put on the table, so it goes on the tree. 

This little guy is just plain cute, and he'll sit just about anywhere on any limb. 

More BC Nation beauty. 

I've created about three things in my life with fabric that actually aren't too ugly.  One year I made a prototype for these ornaments and gave several away but kept one.  Even my mother , the artist, highly approved. 

This little surferette will always remind me of good times spent with Annie and Bill in Paradise.  Thank you, Annie. 



And, of course, every year there's LOVE. 



1 comment:

Kamyria said...

Your tree looks beautiful and the decorations are lovely. I really like that reindeer!