Monday, December 08, 2014

Hang Loose . . . Paradise Soon to be Found



I'm starting to practice again with my fingers so that I can truly hang loose while passing along the wishes meant by the above hand signal.   

Being a lifelong, full-fledged klutz, I often stick up the wrong fingers.

Fortunately, with my mistakes, there are always two fingers extending, so nobody can accuse me of being vulgar. 

I'll keep practicing in private settings for the next day or two, so that by the time we reach Honolulu, people might even understand me and give me the "hang loose" Shaka sign back. 

We'll be embracing Hawaiian culture sometime tomorrow and "going along for the ride" that Annie has prepared for us.  

If Annie didn't already have a wonderful job at Seattle's Groundspeak, she could easily hang out her shingle as a world renowned trip planner. 

She's got plenty in store for Bill and me on what will be his first trip to Paradise.  

We're very much looking forward to the adventure and meeting all of Annie's Hawaiian geocaching friends on the island of Oahu. 

I think she has a geocaching adventure set up for Saturday and a Pearl Harbor visit planned for Friday and a whole lotta stuff in between and after. 

So this morning, I'm putting out a heads-up that, while I'm figuring out how to flash the correct two fingers while greeting folks in Hawaii,  my blog entries for the next week or so could be off schedule a bit. 

So, bear with me.  I'm sure the endless array of photos that I always love to post when we're traveling will not begin until Wednesday, but who knows?  It all depends of when we're near a computer with all our equipment.

When we were in Ireland last spring, I had to go to the doorstep of the restaurant/lodge next door to our condo to post on my blog.  Sometimes, folks at the facility had come to work early and they were kind enough to let me sit in their lobby with my laptop plugged into one of their outlets.

It's always an adventure going on these trips AND especially an adventure completing the blogging process.  So, I'll do my best, and I appreciate your patience if posts don't show up at the usual time.  

Just check back, and while waiting for the next post about Bill and Marianne's excellent Hawaiian adventure with Precious to appear, take some time to practice your own version of  



Au Revoir, Lovestead!  

Aloha and Mahalo, Paradise, soon!
  





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip! I'll be there in a couple of months and can't wait.

Julie / Orlando

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your posts and pictures. We are headed there in February (the whole family is going, the first time for all of us)and will enjoy the glimpses of things to come. Have a great time!
Janet