Friday, March 27, 2015

SS, SS and Hopefully EE







Spring sprang (SS) yesterday about noon.  Those big dark clouds hovering over Schweitzer finally dissipated and gave way to blue sky and pleasant temperatures.
 
Yard work was divine.  Bill came home early.  He and the dogs went off to the woods to do some sawing and chase some squirrels (in that order).

I continued to tidy up in the yard.

Later, I had my camera out when they all came back, and most of the leftover leaves lining edges of garden spots, the house, dog run and flower beds had been hauled off to the woods.

Walla Walla onion seeds had gone into pots inside the greenhouse.

The outside accomplishments and the weather and the knowledge that my basketball withdrawal could take a break at 4 p.m. with the Notre Dame-Wichita State game dulled the painful sting that had come with a telephone call from the tax consultant during the late morning.

“I’m not standing on a cliff in Ireland this year,” I announced to Sarah at the other end. 
“Oh, do you do that every year?” she asked.

“No, I just happened to be on a cliff when you called last year,” I explained, adding, “I’m sitting on the couch right now.  Maybe that’s safer.”

Well, it was.  I have a feeling that had I been on a cliff for yesterday’s news, the day’s subsequent events could have turn much more dismal.

Yup, another tax sting, but after the sticker shock, I decided to make the most of the day.
 
It was a good night of basketball, and I moved up from 12th to 8th place in the bracket pool.  With luck, maybe I’ll win a few bucks to help pay the Feds and the State.

Anyway, today is a new day----the day after Spring sprang (SS) here at the Lovestead---and now the day to think of sweetness, the SWEET SIXTEEN (SS), to be precise.

And, when it ends, I’m hoping we’ll be talking EE (Elite Eight), that is.

Such excitement, and such a nice editorial in the Spokesman today   about the men and women’s ZAGS teams who have made Spokane and the surrounding area so proud.
 

We all hope for victories in today’s game and in tomorrow’s (Lady ZAGS in Spokane vs Tennessee), but should the journeys end this weekend, both teams and all their fans have enjoyed a wonderful run and a great sense of pride in what the editorial so nicely states.


GO ZAGS!!!

No comments: