Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Caught 'em: Three Deer Thieves


Not the highest quality of photos but good enough as I stood quietly with the sliding glass door nudged open enough to point the camera toward the thieves.

I knew they were coming because I had seen them scoot across Pasture No. 2. So, I put the dogs in, figuring they'd show up for another helping of plums.  

Well, by the time CBS Evening News had ended, there they were enjoying a plum-good picnic.

After a couple of camera clicks, Mom spotted me, stomped her front foot (that must be code for "We're outa here, kids!"). 

She took her time and thought through each step away from the plum tree, while the not so savvy babies hung behind. 

I slowly moved to the step outside the door.  She stared at me for a moment and then decided to lift off. 

The kids didn't know what to do then.  They were confused and couldn't quite figure out how to get to the other side of that board fence.  One even tested the possibility of slithering between the boards.  

Slowly, they moved along the fence and around the southwest flower bed where she eventually met them.  First, they almost fled into the woods.

Then, they decided maybe they'd like to come back.  As I moved closer, partially blocked by trees south of the house, they finally decided it was best to vamoose. 

Three white tails shot into the air and headed through the woods in dance-like fashion.  

I'm sure they have a bedding place somewhere over by Kaubles or in Murrays, so that completed their afternoon interlude with the Lovestead plums. 

At least, for once this summer, I caught 'em in action as they stole from our garden, our flowers and our plums aplenty. 

Oh, deer!  

Have a great Tuesday!


















No comments: