Friday, October 23, 2015

Loving Selle






A couple of days ago, one of my former students posted some photos on Facebook that she had taken in Selle, even a few along our road.  

They were fabulous shots. It was fun for me to observe how other eyes perceive what we see every day.

Her selection of high-quality shots definitely showed an individual perspective, slightly different from what my eye notices every time I drive, ride or walk up and down our road. 

That's the beauty and the joy of photography. Everyone can participate, and they can come away with their own special, unique images. 

Yesterday, with visitors coming to town, I pretty much hung around the place, taking a few photos rather than setting off for my usual afternoon one-two-hour drive/photo hunt to other neighborhoods or even other counties.  

Once the house and yard work was done, though, and it was still an hour or so before hearing from the visitors, I did take a quick spin around the Forest Siding Square.

That involves a trip down South Center Valley Road, a right turn at Forest Siding (with a quick slight detour up a lane), then a south turn on Forest Siding, a right turn on Selle Road and finally back to our road. It's about four miles. 

The results reminded me why I love living in Selle.  A Facebook friend from the Spokane area who grew up in this area said earlier this week that in her mind this valley is among the prettiest places in North Idaho. 

After yesterday's 15-minute photo adventure around the square, I wholeheartedly agree. 

Throughout any year, in this community of farm settings, we are blessed with awe-inspiring bucolic scenery.  

The true beauty of this phenomenon is that each scene always offers us slightly different and unique perspectives from the last time we became transfixed with the natural world continues to offer us in the same settings.

I'm really glad we live in Selle because I know that I will never tire of what my eyes get to see virtually every day. Plus, I feel assured that my camera will always be busy, capturing and sharing the natural wealth. 

Happy Friday. 


















No comments: