Tuesday, February 09, 2016

A Zippedy Doo Da Day


Looks like Tuesday will be a repeat of Monday:  gorgeous.  Folks around here are in good moods this week as the snow slowly recedes, thanks to blue skies and plenty of sunshine.  

This morning's sky looks generally cloudless, although the sun hasn't yet come over the Cabinets.  I'm sure that will happen soon as I can see pink hillsides to the west. 

We spent a lot of time outside yesterday with chores and just walking around, checking out situations around the Lovestead.  Part of our walking took us over to the Meserve Preserve, which is always a treat. 

There is still snow enough in the fields to see tracks from critters walking through, including the resident moose which has been hanging around for the past few weeks. 

Happily, the snow is not too deep.  That means that walking in regular boots without snowshoes is pretty easy.  And, the sooner we can walk without concerns of sinking into snow OR mud, the better.  

I took a walk down North Kootenai Road in the morning where the view below of Roman Nose Mountain in the Selkirks was pretty spectacular, as was Schweitzer. 

After our hike up Strawberry Mountain last summer, I love to look over that way and think about all the sweat and misery that went into climbing to the top and even more of the same while coming back down the 4-mile trail. 

It wasn't the easiest hike in the world, but time heals most misery, so these days Strawberry Mountain symbolizes a hard-earned achievement, and those are the best kind in my mind. 

Plus, the view was something else that day as Bill and I spent time sitting on the ridge top marveling at 360 degrees of North Idaho wonders. 

Speaking of views, I think I may experience a view of a lifetime this weekend.  Can't say for sure right now what it's going to be, but it's gonna take a lot more nerve than I've ever had to muster up before. 

Stay tuned.  If I live through it, there will be photos. 

For now, it's time to get to town and purchase a new set of sunglasses.  For some reason having an empty lens in my current pair won't be doing me a lot of good in the sunny, Zippedy Doo Da day ahead. 

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and I'm not going to waste it. 

Happy Tuesday. 












No comments: