Monday, August 14, 2017

Morning, Deer . . .






This pair had just left the big apple tree when I first saw them this morning. Luckily, I had my camera with me.  So, they stared at me for a while and then began their individual strategies to escape.

One chose the road, while the other chose the yard right in front of me.  

They're well on their way now to someone else's apple tree, but they'll be back, along with several of their friends. 

I don't have as much deer disdain this year as I did last because they've left my flowers alone AND even most of the blueberries, but that apple tree is their Garden of Eden.  

They haven't taken just one apple, but at least a whole limb's worth. 

Oh well, no matter how many guilty they are with original sin and then some, I still think they're pretty creatures. 









In other news, it actually rained yesterday, enough so to create a few changes in our routines:  doggies had to stay in the garage to dry off, and I slouched on the couch long enough to watch a movie.   Haven't done that in a long time.

Then, after dinner, we both went to the movie house to watch a movie.  Bill figured that we hadn't walked into that theater at the Bonner Mall since we went to see Unbroken


In this case, it was another WWII movie called Dunkirk. So, we arrived early, ate popcorn and for a while figured we'd be the only movie watchers in our theater.  Turns out that about a dozen eventually showed up, but defintely no having to look around the back of a tall person's head. 


I realized early into the movie that reading some history about the actual event would have helped me, while Bill, the WWII history buff, probably followed the action with no problem.


I didn't feel so bad about trying to piece things together with my lack of historical knowledge when Bill commented afterward that there definitely was no lead up; instead, we were immediately immersed in the action. 


I liked the movie and know that I would have really liked it with a little more knowledge beforehand.  

It was nice to engage in some mild changes of pace yesterday, and it was especially nice to see a fairly good cleansing of the earth.  

Things smell fresh out there today, and the clouds have headed on their way, followed by blue skies and sunshine for the rest of the week.  The best part:  highest predicted temperature is 85, with mostly low 80s and high 70s.  

We can resume living and enjoying full days outside again.  Should be a great week. 

Happy Monday. 








1 comment:

Ann said...

I see a watercolor in the flower or a very nice greeting card.