Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving







First, a friendly disclaimer:  the illustration above comes from a Thanksgiving card sent to us by the Anna, the deacon at Bill's Presbyterian church.

I opened the card and chuckled.  It seemed that Anna knew I'd been raking a lot of leaves!

So, I decided to use the card for my holiday greetings, adding just the text.

Thank you, Anna, for the card and especially for your thoughtfulness.

Which brings to mind one of the great gifts for which I am thankful: unsolicited thoughtfulness.  

In almost every situation, these gestures make such a difference in one's day. 

When it comes down to why I'm thankful---hands down every time---it's the people, the animals, the earth, and,  as I age, it's the good health that I continue to enjoy 365 days a year. 

Gratitude for various aspects of all of the above is boundless, it seems.  

I guess I'd add one more thing:  I truly appreciate the wonderful stories created or inspired by all of the above.  

So, many thanks for continuing good fortunes and inspirations, be they simple in nature or beyond profound. 

Each contributes a key ingredient toward making life an ongoing, treasured adventure. 

Lots of reasons for gratitude and that is what is so great about living on this earth.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and thanks for your continued, unsolicited giving toward a better world.  



No comments: