Monday, November 20, 2017

Raindrops on Roof Tops and Hurling of Chuck-Its





Yup, a warm rain is falling softly on the roof top.  I can just barely hear the light pitter-patters through closed windows here in my desktop computer domain.

The quiet of this mornng is impressive. 

Earlier, while outside doing chores, I welcomed the rain, even along with socked-in surroundings.  

Whenever rain is quiet and the temperature is warm and the past weeks and months have been filled with a whirlwind of constant activity, mornings like this bring a sense of welcome calm.

We need such breaks from  from time to time. Mornings with weather like today's give us an excuse.   

I don't know how long I'll be tolerating or even embracing this Monday-morning weather pattern, but for now. it's okay. 

We ended the day yesterday with spectacular color shows in the western sky.  

After coming inside the house from an afternoon of touch-up raking which had followed a morning of holiday-roll baking, I looked out the kitchen window to see a stunning early-evening sky, depicted in the top photographs.  

It was definitely a "WOW" moment, of which we're blessed with many.  

I think skiers in the mountains were in Heaven yesterday, as was I down here in the valley with the smell of fresh-baked rolls wafting through the house and, later, in during continued yard clean-up frequently interspersed with seemingly continuous chuck-it ball hurling. 

Yes, I have three helpers when I'm out there gathering all those Lovestead leaves into piles.  

And, of course, with each chuck-it ball retrieval, comes that saliva-induced slime ball, dropped smack dab in the middle of the leaf pile. 

Sometimes, if I don't get to the ball soon enough, there's comes added squabble over that ball, smack dab in the middle of the leaf pile.  

Then, I get to do a raking rerun. 

It's all fun, and always reassuring to my fragile self esteem with the sensation of six eyes totally focused on every move I make.  

Of course, I also accept that it's all about the ball. 

The other day I talked in a blog post about the therapeutic values of "outside."  

Well, add one ingredient to that:  loving dogs. 

In fact, I read just yesterday that people who run (or sit) with dogs are not as likely to suffer heart disease those without pets. 

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/Owning-a-Pet-May-Protect-You-from-Heart-Disease_UCM_453586_Article.jsp#.WhL3ETdrxUQ

I believe the assertion enough through my own experience with our black-and-white beloveds that I won't even go to Snopes to check out its validity. 

And, I have a feeling my friend, Dr. Jim, will agree. 

So, anyway, it's Monday.  Bill is headed out the door for the Sandpoint Tree Committee meeting and then bound for Bonners Ferry again where he's working with a crew on a tree-thinning project.  

I'm planning to just keep putzing away at the remaining projects slated for completion before the next winter blast, including tarps over lawnmowers and snipping away the oregano patches around the place.  

I also have a feeling that I'll probably bend over a few hundred times during this day to hurl those chuck-it balls as I work. 

Meanwhile, Down Under, the Sandpoint natives, Annie and Kelsi, tied in with each other yesterday in Auckland, New Zealand.

Now, they start the big saga of touring the two islands over the next several days.  Should be some fun photos.  I've included a few below with the first two from Australia and the last three in and around "hobbit" land. 

Happy Monday. 
















No comments: