Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Just Miscellaneous Drivel







I drove to Hope and back after dinner last night.  Out here in Selle, we can take various routes to HWY 200. 

Last night I chose East Shingle Mill Road where the sun on Randy and Carla Poelstra's roadside barn created a lovely evening image. 

Randy and Carla owned the last big dairy in Bonner County.  They've since sold out, but nowadays they provide raw milk, available in a fridge, for folks to purchase---on the honor system. 






What was mud flats a few weeks ago near the Lower Pack River Bridge on HWY 200 is now filled to the brim and a whole lot prettier. 

Last night I saw a blue heron and some geese in this area, too far away for photographs. 


I don't know what this is, but I do know it's pretty. It's in someone's yard on the old highway in Hope.



Everything was SO pretty on the drive to Hope BUT my camera lens and sensor were SO dirty.  

So, most of the shots I took of spectacular evening scenery were too zit-filled to even consider posting.  Darn!

Still, I was able to salvage a few photos. 



I have driven past this barn on the corner of Jacobson Road and Colburn-Culver so many times and have wanted to take a picture.  

Last night on my way home from Hope, nobody was looking and nobody was hovering on my bumper, so I finally fulfilled my wish. 


Ya know you're in farm country when . . . .


Who sez ya can't dance and hold a ball in your mouth at the same time?  No Border Collie ever!



This and the rest of the photos were taken this morning while I waited for CB to eat his oats.

They just represent some of the peaceful scenes that go along with doing the morning barn chores.

Sure does beat the good ol' days of just a few weeks ago when I complained so much about the mud.

North Idaho can be so dismal during the dismal season, but when it bounces back to life, there's nothing like it.

With the lawn freshly mown, I'll focus on Festus today and throwing in some seeds to the one empty planter.  Since I love the smell of dill, it and other herbs will be among the seeds.

It's time for Festus to get monitored for his glucose level. Monitoring leads to the next box of syringes and supply of insulin.

Our old kitty seems to be doing just fine with his diabetes, and I've gotten pretty good at giving shots over the past year or so.

All in all, things are going just fine, and we're loving the weather, except the mosquitoes can go away any time they want. 

Happy Wednesday.  









No comments: