Monday, September 10, 2018

Bountiful Blue Skies and Buckin' the System






My new Canon camera is a keeper. 

After a couple of weeks of shooting people shots, scenes, animals AND especially skies, I'm happy with the purchase. 

For the past year or so, while out on my photographic jaunts, I've avoided taking sky shots unless they're vital to the scene. 

When they are, my photo-editing retouching program has gotten a workout, removing the regular blemishes and occasionally some new spots from sky scenes. 

I've also had to practice a lot of photo cropping to remove some of the spots.  

It's a pain and a digital camera phenomenon, but paying $60 for sensor cleaning necessitated the retouching alternative. 

With my new camera, I love the sky again AND yesterday offered up plenty of clear blue accented with lovely cloud formations. 

Not only is the camera sensor new, the camera has a sensor cleaning option, which goes to work every time I flip the power switch to the off position. 

It's mystifying to me how lint and hair and all those dust particles get inside the camera.  These nasty little things are just like mice, I guess---able to work wonders with their bodies to go through tight spots. 

So, for the sensor cleaning alone, I'm thrilled with the new camera.  

Once again, bring on the blue sky!

To say I had fun yesterday looking for scenes of our magnificent Lake Pend Oreille, while Bill was up Pack River looking for trout with his fly rod, would be an understatement. 

Last week, our visitors from Seattle stayed at Beyond Hope Resort after leaving the Lovestead.  That's a spot on the lake guaranteed to induce jaw dropping in the early evening hours as the sun begins its descent. 

So, knowing I could stop any ol' time I pleased, part of my sky chasing adventures included the resort area.  

Yes, it was spectacular.  

The place offered an added bonus.  Sam Owen Peninsula is loaded with deer.  It's a game preserve, and the deer know it.  Some folks say many are inbred, making many of them appear a bit on the scrawny side. 

People are NOT supposed to feed the deer out there on the peninsula, and there's no excuse to not know that with all the prominent signage reminders. 

There are no rules, however, about growing healthy apple trees with bountiful clumps of fruit.  And, since the apple trees do not have signs aimed at reminding the deer to "please do not eat my fruit"  the deer take advantage of their own little Garden of Eden. 

I'm sure Mr. Plumpy Buck has been photographed a time or two before----mainly for his impressive rack, but I don't know how many turists have stopped to take pictures of him stealing apples. 

After all, the deer know the precise time when apples are at their best, and that's when they show up. 

So, yes, I stopped my car, watched, chuckled at the expressions and the efforts and clicked away.  

What a specimen and what a bumper crop of apples!

As usual, it turned out to be a fun evening outing with some unexpected side shows along the way. 

The best part:  I could come home, download my photos and NO blemishes to remove!
































No comments: