Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Horses and Cows of Color/ Center Valley Beauty







I spent some time helping my sister Laurie with a project (which made me proud) yesterday. 

Since we were riding around their hay field in their UTV, I kept my camera handy. 

The combination of fall beauty, along with another field of very colorful horses made for some great shots. 

Some of the horses are wearing blankets, but they're still pretty anyway. 

Later, I saw a lovely photo, almost symbolic, of a white cow and a black cow grazing harmoniously in a field down the road from my sisters. 

Seems like if cows of different colors and horses of different colors could get along just fine, humans should be able to also. 

Enough commentary, here's some other family news.  

After arriving home and spending some time staking and tying up my raspberry bushes, I read a post from Annie.

She arrived in Seattle early yesterday morning on a red eye flight and went to work after a ten-day birthday vacation in Maui.  

For most, that would be a tough day back on the job, but before her Monday had ended, she received a note from the Seattle Sounders.  

It stated that they had enjoyed her "round-the-world" promotion of Seattle's MLS team with her Sounders scarf.

One promotion occurred last week UNDER WATER on Annie's 40th birthday.  

Yup, our daughter aka Mia took her Sounders scarf along while snorkeling at Molokini.

The scarf went down there with the fishies and other snorkelers, and someone managed to snap some nice shots of the scene. 

Annie with longtime friend Raine. 


Some folks speculate that the underwater promotion may have been the crowning achievement among Annie's many unique promotions of her beloved Sounders around the world. 

So, during her first day back on the job after a night with not the best sleep, her spirits soared when she received the following:  



I guess our Annie has learned first hand that the fun never ends, even after you turn 40.  So, look out, folks!

Today, I'll be keeping up with the fun of never-ending fall yard work.  

Since I spent time cleaning out more flower beds, picking more apples and helping my sister, yesterday's planned second round of leaf pick up will happen today. 

Looks like another beauty!

Happy Tuesday. 


















No comments: