Thursday, November 15, 2018

When You're Young at Heart





First announcement that has nothing to do with what ya see up above:  tune in to 88.5 FM, KRFY at 8 a.m. PST.  If you're not a local and know how to get the station online, give it a listen. 

New girls varsity coach Will Love will be talking basketball and about his first-ever season as a head coach at Sandpoint High. I'm told he'll have some players with him too. 

Since we're on the subject of sports, it's a big sports day for us in the Pacific Northwest.  Seattle plays Green Bay on Thursday Night NFL football.

At 8:30 p.m. PST on ESPN2, the ZAGS take on Texas A and M's Aggies at the McCarthey Athletic Complex aka the Kennel. 

GO, ZAGS!  GO, Seahawks, but if Green Bay wins, that's okay too.  We Sandpoint folks like either team. 

In the "Young at Heart" department, while looking out the upstairs bathroom window yesterday morning,  I spotted Little CB, who's becoming much bigger CB, having the time of his life.  

My camera was nearby so I took a batch of photos through the window---totally candid, cuz CB had no idea anyone was watching, least of all his horse buddies, who seemed to be in an eating zone all their own. 

It was a fun pasture performance, continuing for about five minutes. 

Also, young at heart, but because she's a year older today, I'm sending best wishes to my niece Maureen who's celebrating her ??? birthday.  

Let's just say that next year it's a half century.  Where does the time go? 

I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Nonetheless, I choose to follow CB's and Maureen's example of trying to remain young at heart.

Well, maybe I won't do some of the antics seen in the photos, but I'll do my best to stay off the couch.

Happy Thursday.  Tune in and listen to Coach Love if you can.   












All done!






This photo:  because it's Throwback Thursday, and I've mentioned two out of the three of these young-at-hearts, which include a not-so-happy young Will Love and his cousins Maureen and Laura.

Definitely not "a good time was had by all" for whatever reason. 
 






No comments: