Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Nature's Glorious Gift . . . .







Bill didn't know if the parking lot would be open.

Happily, it was. 

And, even more happily, we had it all to ourselves.

Just as we had the Sunnyside Fish and Game WMA all to ourselves.

A packed trail through a few trees, past an old structure, through a meadow, some more trees and then the lakeshore had no ice.

So, we walked rather than traveling by snowshoe.

Upon reaching the shoreline, I turned downright giddy. 

I won't speak for Bill, but I think he was pretty thrilled too. 

We had this piece of Heaven on the most heavenly winter day one can imagine ALL TO OURSELVES.

It stayed that way, too, until we were almost back to the truck and met our friend and former Sandpoint District Forest Ranger Dick Kramer and his dog. 

Another couple came along as we visited. 

Learning they were new to Sandpoint (Logan is a server at Connies), I told them they were in for a treat. 

I hope they walked far enough along the shoreline to find the duplex, constructed from all natural items. 

It's an intricate and artistic structure, complete with a couple of rooms with benches (again all natural materials), and Bill noted that in the summer it's right at the water's edge. 

I have a feeling it's known a variety of "contractors," who have all put their special touch on its construction.

And, I'm guessing it will know a few more because this is most likely the never-ending lake-front home, made from scratch and sure to evolve. 

I hope that couple felt as giddy as I did yesterday afternoon in what had to be one of the most memorable and beautiful short outings I can remember during this lifetime.

While we were enjoying our time at Sunnyside, my friend and neighbor Stacey from Selle Valley Carden School has some of her students up at Schweitzer.

Pictures can't describe this beauty, she posted.  

Well, her picture gave me a pretty good idea of just how glorious it was up on the mountain.

And, I hope my photos illustrate the beauty we were able to enjoy down there next to that gorgeous lake.

Nature has been good to us this winter, and yesterday's edition was one of the best of a lifetime.

Happy Tuesday. 

Enjoy the photos. 































No comments: