Friday, January 25, 2019

Winter Day Pix Mix






Hardly a day goes by when I don't find nature as therapeutic. 

Yesterday was such a day pretty much all day long.

My toes did get a little cold while watching Liam form holes in the ice with his tongue, teeth and paws as I listened on my phone to yet another Aussie-Border Collie owner speaking glowingly and lovingly of his pup named Lucky.

Border Collie folks tend to bond almost immediately the second they know of their canine common denominators.

I loved hearing the stories of Lucky from our longtime family friend John.  And, yes, Janice, I enjoyed your contributions in the background too. 

Looking forward to meeting Lucky. 

My toes did get cold during that conversation, but that was okay cuz it was so dang pretty outside. 

Later, I drove around some neighborhoods and snapped some shots.  

Mother Nature had given us a little longer version of "prettiness" with this most recent snowfall.

Part of the prettiness was my first sighting of bright white marshmallow mounds in the water. 

That was at Grouse Creek, and, my, was it ever a majestic scene both up and down the creek near McNall's driveway.

A fun afternoon was topped off by a "girls' night out" at Sweet Lou's with Debbie, Emma and one of her very best friends.

While the girls were dining, Willie was running his basketball practice and Bill was watching the ZAGS women win one more game.

Later, I enjoyed the men in one of their near perfect games.  They set some records--27 straight road victories and only two turnovers.  

Sadly, for Santa Clara, the ZAGS dealt them the worst loss in school history. 

Let's hope the ZAGS continue to tweek and polish their game cuz some challenging contests lie ahead. 

Happy Friday.  Enjoy the photos. 

Nature is good for the soul.  



























No comments: