Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday This and That



New principal Sandpoint High School:  David Miles

I've already sent him a personal note but don't mind saying one more time:  

David Miles, I am SO proud of you. 

David, a member of the Sandpoint High School Class of 1995, has been named new principal of SHS.

So deserving.  

Such a fine educator and human being. 

I've known David since he sat in my sophomore honors English class.

If there were such a title, I'm confident he'd be a runaway winner for the title for the "student who raised his hand the most times." 

And, the nice part:  he was never obnoxious about having the answers.  

David simply waited for other students to take their chances, and then up would go his hand.

I'm also betting that he responded correctly at least 99 percent of the time.

A consummate student, a straight shooter, a young man who has put in endless hours of quality time in the name of education---that's David Miles.

And, his involvement includes extracurricular activities too. 

I have no idea who the other candidates for this position were.  I'm sure they were outstanding. 

Nonetheless, when I heard David had gotten the nod as the school's newest principal, I was ecstatic.

Good things happen to good people, especially when they persevere.  

David is a good person and a devoted educator. 

Best of luck to you, David. 

One more piece of trivia. 

Now that Tom Albertson, another former, beloved student (pictured below), has left the post as principal at Sandpoint High to take on the reins as Lake Pend Oreille School District 84 AND that David Miles has returned to the high school . . . DRUMBEAT . . . I'm almost positive that the 

Class of 1995 has surpassed the Class of 1982 with the most staff members at the school.

I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong. 

I totally loved both classes but always had a soft spot in my heart for the Class of 1995 cuz that's my son Willie's class.

He's one of those staff members too.

It says a lot for an education system when so many of its students come back to their alma mater to teach the children.  

Anyway, it's a great day for local education, seeing these two in their new roles. 

Congratulations.  






Are we of the ZAG nation surprised to see this?

Not at all.

Again, when we talk of folks deserving of special recognition, Brandon Clarke fits right in there with David Miles. 

I'm betting that, even though their playing fields differ, both have similar stories of perseverance, consistency, decency and striving to be the best at their craft.

I also saw this morning that Rui Hachimura has the largest following of all the new NBA stars.

Again, no surprise.

We are so lucky here in the Northwest to have examples like Brandon, David and Rui to remind us that a lot of good is still happening in this nation, despite the sorry leadership at its helm.

The American people will survive this blip in history, thanks to principled individuals in the trenches who work hard every day to keep the ship afloat.

Jade and I both agreed this weekend after her stunningly beautiful performance at the horse show that . . .
 

. . . if you see it and you believe in it, you
will achieve it.


Believing in and supporting these people, while doing our best to inspire others to reach for the stars, could be the best antidote to all that ails us these days.


I've included some other photos taken over the weekend and yesterday. 

The grandpuppies got to go to the Thompson cabin after Sunday's horse show.

A good and relaxing and fun time was had by all.

Happy Tuesday. 
  
















2 comments:

Linda Alt said...

Great advancement for David Miles. He was the principal at Boundary County Middle School for the past 4 (?) years, I believe. Enjoyed visiting with him when I volunteered there for various events. He will be a hard one to follow.

Linda Alt said...

We have known the Albertson family for a long time mostly because of John's brother Al working in the Sandpoint schools for over 30 years. Another great family.