Friday, August 23, 2019

Face Time at the Fair




LONGtime friend and Grandma Jayne with her adorable granddaughter. 

Bob and Wanda Gooby. Our friendship history dates back further than I can count on all my digits.  





This year's Bonner County Fair theme is "The Bounty of the County."

And, for sure, the event features bountiful exhibits of items produced in the county or displays of talent from throughout the county. 

The best part of the fair, to me, is the faces, always a bountiful supply and usually a story in every expression.

I had a fun time strolling throughout the grounds yesterday, watching the action and people associated with the action, either as participants or spectators. 

It would be easy to fill a complete memory card with all the wonderful (not always happy) expressions I witnessed. 

In many cases, I knew the people; in others, I did not.  

Regardless of familiarity, I loved imagining the emotions associated with every special story those faces were experiencing at those very moments.

A bountiful and beautiful overall experience, indeed.
   


    


Former student and friend Jeralyn with her children Christy and Daniel.

They brought cattle to the fair to "relive their youth." 

Robin (Spade) and Tom Wright and Pam Finley Brockus.  The Wright's were home visiting from Connecticut. 


I hadn't seen Shannon Abromeit for a long time.  Neat visiting with Shannon and retired educator Linda Van Dellen. 


This young lady named Addison has become a fixture in my sisters' Arabian horse booth.

To say she loves horses would be an understatement.

A delightful young lady. 




Young Miss Huguenin, daughter of JP, was participating in the cupcake decorating contest. 



My friend Pat Gunter is a great grandpa.

I don't mean he's that old; I just mean he's great.

His grandson may not agree, but that's okay.

Pat does a topnotch job on changing diapers, even the dirty ones.

Just ask him!








These lovely ladies, Barbara and Krista do their Curves exercises so well they can indulge in a few calories every now and then. 











I snapped a photo of this gentleman because I can remember him as a youth a bit older than I during fairtime at the old fairgrounds.

I doubt that Butch has missed a fair since.

Happy Friday. Go see the fair.

Lots to do. Lots of friendly faces.  





Finally, in the "Annie's bored in London" category . . . . 


Yesterday afternoon, Annie received word that her flight to Dublin, connecting her with a flight to Lisbon had been cancelled.

Not good news since she was supposed to fly out last night.

Ever the efficient traveler, though, in the time it took me to walk into the main exhibit building until I strolled around briefly and walked out the door, Annie had found another flight, leaving at the same time and getting her into Lisbon about the same time this evening (Portugal time).

Instead of Dublin, though, she flew to London, arriving there a couple of hours ago.

Her main disappointment besides the "middle seat in the back of the plane":  she had planned to meet one of her Camino friends "Irish John" during her long layover in Dublin.

Instead, she's in London for several hours and already bored.  So, if you happen to be in London, go say hi to Annie.

Hoping the rest of her trip goes smoothly. 




No comments: