Saturday, October 19, 2019

Sunshine on the East Coast









Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you the day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine for all the while

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high
Sunshine almost always

                                                    ---John Denver


~~~~

To our beloved Annie:

If I had a day that I could give you

I'd give to you the day just like today

So far, it's been 41 such days just like today since that October morning when you wasted no time taking that first breath, letting out a good, healthy scream and changing our lives forever. 

Many who know me have heard the story of our bringing you home from the hospital while listening to John Denver sing his lovely, heartfelt words on KSPT radio. 

Since then, I've taken the liberty of calling that "Annie's Song."  

It may be raining here in North Idaho, but I know there is sunshine on the East Coast where you are out geocaching on a glorious day with your friend Miriam. 

So, I'm thinking on a day just like today that rays of sunshine will keep coming your way from people living in all ends of the Globe. 

Why?

Because you have the gift for spreading sunshine everywhere you go and with pretty much everyone you meet as you travel through this journey called Life. 

May you have many, many more days just like today, and may you continue to spread the joy of life and more golden rays of sunshine to all who meet you. 

Happy Birthday, Annie. 

We love you, and we are proud of you. 








Annie flew an overnighter from Seattle, and Miriam left her two adorable boys and hubby behind in Minneapolis.

They met yesterday morning in Boston.  

The two longtime friends are in celebration mode as they celebrate Annie's 41st birthday today in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and maybe even Maine. 


I even hear that after geocaching, they're going to have a "whale of a good time" today out on the ocean. 




CB put on a brief "Greatest Showman" act yesterday for some family visitors.  By CB's standards, the performance was a bit lackluster.  

I think he wants his ball aired up so he can get back in true CB form. 

Still, it was a pretty sight, especially with the blend of the ball, CB,  the new coating of snow on Schweitzer and the larch lighting up the mountain sides. 



Bill and I AND the animals enjoyed a nice visit with Emma yesterday.  

Because of a school break in Germany, she has been in Sandpoint for the past two weeks to reconnect with her high school friends. 

Today, she begins the long journey back to Berlin.  We wish you safe travels, Emma.  And, we thank you for spending some time with us. 

Til next time!










Finally, when the rain stopped yesterday, we enjoyed several hours of the fall feel and look.  

Twas a bit brisk outside but beautiful. 











No comments: