Monday, October 21, 2019

Weekend Wrap







Well, we just had to stop and visit the green giant display on our way back from Walla Walla yesterday. 

Obviously, Food Bank Queen Debbie pays close attention to canned food products, so seeing this aspect of Green Giantville was a special treat for her. 

It's worth reading the fascinating story of the giant and the Dayton food processing plant on one of the photos below.

We did not buy any canned food in Dayton, but we did purchase a few cookies from the bakery at the General Store.  

I ate my giant snickerdoodle first.  

The plan was to take just one bite as we were driving through Lewiston.  The rest would stay in the bag and last me with additional small samples until I arrived home. 

That's what I do while traveling in Ireland, only with scones.  Scones purchased from convenience store bakeries in Ireland may even last me two days. 

Well, that was not the case with my snickerdoodle. It was gone by the time we reached the top of Lewiston hill. 

Later, around Coeur d'Alene, from my back-seat perch I witnessed Debbie breaking off a piece of her snickerdoodle. 

"It's not gonna last," I told her. 

She looked at me and smiled. 

Soon the hand reached in the bag again and soon after that, she gave in, finishing off the cookie.

Those cookies were that good. 

On yesterday's trip, we took a different route and saw more beautiful farmland scenery as we drove through Pomeroy, Clarkston and Lewiston and on home via HWY 95.

The photos below the green-giant story were taken from the car window with my cell phone.  


The last-minute trip to southeast Washington was a success, I decided.  

Different scenery and festive times with family peeps.

Now, life should be coming back to normal with yard work and more apple gathering when it's not raining, along with  some other commitments throughout the week.

Maybe a lot less nibbling on good food too!  My pants zippers tell me so!

As usual, never a dull moment!  

Happy Monday.      















No comments: