Friday, January 17, 2020

It's Friday in the 7-Saturday Week








Our pot of chicken noodle soup is almost gone.  

We don't have to plow today. 

It's a three-day weekend. 

When you have seven-day weekends every week, that seems almost like a rip-off. 

The ZAGS won by 50 points last night.  

Hope they do that again tomorrow night.

Willie has a league-opener game tonight against Lakeland in the annual Battle for the Paddle. 

Good Luck, Willie and the Bulldogs. 

Snow is gradually going from pretty to mundane. 

Some of us family members are gonna do something which has nothing to do with snow today.  

I'll report the results tomorrow. 

On this past Wednesday at noon, we should have set off some fireworks cuz that's when we had made it halfway through January for another year.  

We'll be cruisin' from now on, we hope anyway.

Plus, I saw the light (of day) this morning as I walked from the barn to get the paper.  

Still, kinda dark at the time but a sure indication that our days are getting longer. 

Betty White is 98 today, 26 years older than I. 

Such an inspiration!

Maybe by the time I'm 98, I'll know one whole song on my banjo. 

I tuned in to a You Tube lesson last night and swore that the teacher had been doing survelliance on me.  

While starting the lesson, he actually suggested going and getting that banjo which had been sitting in the same spot since 1948. 

"It's behind the couch," he said. "Now, dust it off." 

Well, mine has been sitting in the corner for a few years, but I had already dusted it off. 

I don't know yet what to think of this guy.  He wears bib overalls and he stares intently into the camera which must be hanging from his ceiling.

I learned that "Oh Susanna" has been a fake song all these years.

 Well, I come from Alabama with my banjo on my knee
       And I'm bound for Louisiana, my true love for to see

It's supposed to be in your lap.  So, maybe someone needs to change the lyrics. 

Well, I come from Alabama with my banjo on my lap
And, I'm bound for Louisiana, my true love for tap.

Seems reasonable to tap her on the shoulder once you've found her in Luzianna, right. 

The instructor gave an assignment to practice two different plucking exercises.  

It sure is good that nobody sees me up here in this room, 'cept maybe that banjo guy, cuz I had to play the video over again to scrawl down which strings to strum and pinch. 

I'm a nervous learner who is SO sure she's gonna miss the main point in any "how to" lesson that she does. 

So, now it's official.  I'll probably watch Lesson 1 at least a dozen times before mastering those two exercises.  

So, of course, it's gonna take me until I'm 98 and Betty White 124 to learn a song. 

I've got time, though.  Remember I'm on the seven Saturdays a week plan and hope to stay that way a long, long time. 

The calendar sez that this Saturday is Friday, and my clock sez it's time to get out there in that winter wonderland and clean those barns so I'll be ready to join my family members in our 2-hour escape from winter and from Donald Trump's America. 

It will be a good thing. 

Happy Friday--er--Saturday, in my case.  

GO, BULLDOGS!










Old dog, new trickster

Yes, young Liam has learned about the snow pile so he can look down on the horses in the barnyard.

Kiwi is an old dog and it's much easier for her to employ time-tested strategies for keeping those horses in line.

Whatever works for Border Collies to do their job. 


No comments: