Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Tuesday This and That








When my Fitbit said 4:18 this morning, I couldn't believe it.

Too dark out there to be that time, I thought. 

So, I checked again.  Yup, 4:18 a.m.

A moment or so later, after turning off my "white noise," which helps me sleep, there was still noise.

Pitter patter, pitter patter. 

And, emphatically so. 

Once again, that mention of the possibility of a slight shower on last night's weather forecast seemed drastically understated. 

We had a soaking rain for at least an hour this morning, and I'm sure the farmers with hay down in their fields aren't happy. 

We live in North Idaho, though, a place where if the elements align with what folks are trying to accomplish, it's usually the exception rather than the norm. 

The positive side of this for me is that I don't have to scurry around to do my watering this morning. Plus, everything outside, including the air, is fresh and clean.  

My longtime farrier, John Fuller, is coming at 8 or 8:30 to do some equine pedicures.  All three horses have hooves that could use a trim. 

Since Lily will be going to the Spots of Fun horse show at the fairgrounds this weekend, the timing is right. 

For this show, Terra, my neighbor down the road who usually works with Lefty, will give Lily a try in a few classes. 

Terra is tall, so she looks great on tall Lily. Plus, they seemed to hit it off quite nicely during their first ride on the Fourth of July. 

Lily will be a busy girl this coming Sunday cuz Jade (the fourth triplet and Miss Coeur d'Alene) will also be riding her again in the heritage class. 

Jade tells me she has a new Coeur d'Alene tribal regalia this year, so it will be fun to see.  Once again, Lily will wear Nez Perce tribal accessories. 

Though it won't show, she'll also be using the Australian stock saddle, pictured below.  

I purchased that one and the one below it from my friend Beth who used to work at Keokee Creative Group before moving back to Colorado.

Both saddles have turned out useful for horse shows. 

So, it will be a busy week, and right now, the weather forecast promises some rather pleasant conditions with no more rain for several days. 

In regard to the last photo, Annie is working remotely here for another week, so her buddy Foster couldn't be happier. 

The little guy is SO attached to his Annie that we have to keep him in the house whenever she takes off for work. 

Otherwise, he would follow her scent and has, on occasion, taken off down the road, trailing her as far as a mile from the house. 

Guess that's all for now, since I'll be holding horses soon.

Happy Tuesday. 
























No comments: