Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday Slight

 





I guess you would call it "tag along with a forester day."  

That's pretty much what I did when Bill called around noon yesterday and asked if I wanted to accompany him to walk some plots of land.

Twas a job he's working on for Inland Forest Management. 

"Sure," I said, figuring those oak leaves I was planning to rake in the west lawn would still be there today with a few new friends. 

And so, when he arrived home, we gathered a few items and soon were on our way to Bonners Ferry.

We've been fortunate that winter decided to take a break, which allows for lots of places to walk.

Most of the walks where Bill took pictures and wrote stuff in his field book were short, but we enjoyed a beautiful half-hour jaunt around the Mirror Lake Golf Course.  

It was November.  A morning sun had disappeared, replaced by clouds and a sense of gloom.  Pretty normal for November, where it's a stretch sometimes to find pretty scenes to photograph.  

At one point, however, as we walked the golf course, a setting sun sent out enough late afternoon to turn the snow-covered mountains north of Bonners Ferry a stunning pink. 

I also saw a couple of interesting artifacts attached to an interesting bare tree with fun branches. 

All in all, it was a laid-back fun way to spend the day after Thanksgiving. Plus, Bill got some work done.

Enjoy the photos.  Happy Saturday. Oak leaves are calling.  



















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I felt as if I took the walk with you! Safe hugs from Jerusalem!