Friday, January 28, 2022

We Bad! We Be Paying the Price!





We are living on borrowed time, so I need to hurry through this post today. 

Twice, including at 6 o'clock this morning, we have received calls from a rather disgusted female voice. 

She's mad cuz she hasn't been able to get ahold of us.

 So on these two calls, she's letting us know the consequences of our daring to be so inaccessible. 

Can't believe that she didn't catch Bill or me because one or the other has spent considerable time in the house the past couple of days. 

This lady is calling to let us know that because the bill has not been paid, we are having BOTH our landline phone service and our Internet cut off in 24 hours.  

Since I don't know when she called yesterday (we were both out of the house for a couple of hours), I have no idea when the 24 hours are up. 

She must be very concerned to have called us at 6 this morning.  

So, if my arithmetic is correct, I arrived home to hear her message about 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon. She probably called after 1:30 cuz that's when Bill left the house. 

Hence, guestimating the general call-time possibilities, I'm thinking that it's been about 17 hours since her first call. 

That gives us until maybe 2 o'clock this afternoon to get all our Internet and outside telephone affairs in order before they pull the plug on us. 

I'm trying desperately this morning to think of the urgent projects I must complete before we lose our virtual connections to the outside world. 

Here's a sample:  

Contact the some of the folks associated with my three story assignments and tell them I'll be sending information through the U.S. mail from now on and to send me any responses via the same means. 

Wait, when ARE those stories due?  

March.  

Hmmm, I hope they bring out the Pony Express to speed up the mail. 

Call all relatives and assure them that we are alive and well, just living without communications assets. 

Order some more Festus food from Amazon, cuz those stores still aren't stocking up.  

Maybe I'd better do a double order, cuz I don't know how or if we're going to get out of this conundrum. 

Get to Wordle as soon as possible today so I can guess one more word before my Internet demise. 

Gosh, this is the biggest one of all:  the blog.  Heck, this could be my very last post.  Guess I'll have to send any additional through the snail mail. 

The plus side of this impending techno doom is that when it happens, we won't be getting any more calls from Medicare or Social Security or Amazon or law enforcement or even that one number that starts with a V, which has never stopped calling us for several years.  

Plus, this is an election year,  and when things heat up on the robo call circuit, we can just smile cuz we aren't hearing from Heather or The Donald or Ammon. 

Life could be really good without the Internet and withoutthe landline from which we receive about one valid call per fortnight. 

I do have some problems with the lady's message, but in this era of "illogical thinking," it probably doesn't matter that two different providers bring us our Internet and our landline.  

Maybe they are in cahoots.  

Stranger things do happen on a daily basis. Just look at Congress and all the weird stuff that's happening to people's bodies because of vaccinations. 

So, I guess we're going to have to take these warning seriously and hope the lady calls back telling us where we can pay the bill. 

If she doesn't, I guess it's "Adios, folks."  We've been bad.  We haven't paid, so now we're going to pay the price. 

It's been real!

Happy Friday.   

At least, Mother Nature's not expecting us to pay for the beautiful images we all enjoyed yesterday, and Bridie's antics are always free.

Oops! 

The landline phone just rang. 

OMG!  

Our lives are falling apart right before our very eyes.  

We've let the warranty go and it's important to keep it up on the vehicle, so we were supposed to press 2 to take care of that problem but didn't get to the phone in time. 

Looks like an ominous day ahead. 

On a different note, Jon and Connie probably didn't get any calls yesterday like we did.  They were too busy snowshoeing and searching for their Willie. 




Bridie's security towel. 

Her newest daily chore is to remove all her bedding from her crate, as often as needed.  I put the bedding back.  She waits until I'm not looking and brings it back out. 

We've been trying to teach her to put her house back in order, but she's not ready to take on that extra chore. 


















No comments: