Friday, January 27, 2023

It's Friday!






I have to mark yesterday on the calendar.  

I did not take one picture all day long.

Hence, the rose from last summer.  

It's a rare day when I don't take pictures.  Still, yesterday was a good day. 

When one planned visit with a new friend did not work out, another did. 

I spent some quality time visiting over lunch with my longtime friend Chris.

We both agreed afterward that we could have talked longer.

After all, we have on several past occasions during our lifetimes. 

We are in the process of plotting an extended talkfest with our mutual friend Susie Sky Baldwin.  

Should be fun. 

~~~~~

Speaking of Susie's and an overall sense of community pride, I LOVE the story below which appeared in this morning's Bonner County Daily Bee.

On a personal note, I've known Susie Jensen most of her life.  Her family lived across the road from my parents, off from North Boyer. 

Also, her Aunt Judy has been a dear friend and colleague who took a special interest and time in showing Annie how to do stained-glass art.  

That relationship eventually led to a beautiful stained glass sign for my sisters' Tibbs Arabians. 

Susie Jensen also sat in my honors English class in the early 2000s.  A brilliant young lady, to say the least. 

And, the article below the photo is spot on in describing her many wonderful qualities which have led to our now being able to proudly call her "Judge Susie." 

Congratulations to Susie and all her admiring family.

Your community is proud of you.  
 





~~~~~~

For those who saw my moose photo yesterday, I must report that my neighbor Terry who lives just up the road from us enjoyed a bigger wildlife thrill when she snapped and posted a picture of an elk herd crossing the field near their house.  

I showed the photo to Bill, and he counted 31 in all. 

That's a substantial herd of elk, and to have them so close. 

I'm still waiting to achieve my bucket list goal of looking out the window and seeing an elk on our property. 

There have been sightings all around us, but we have yet to see one on the Lovestead. 

~~~~~

The horses are getting some extra attention today.  My farrier Steve is coming later this morning to trim hooves.

At least two of them have grown some long hooves over the winter, so it's definitely time. 

I was somewhat surprised this morning while throwing out flakes of hay in the barnyard that it is softening up already. 

So, the frigid temps predicted for the next few days will be good for keeping solid ground for walking.

Speaking of farrier stories and small world stuff, my former student and friend Patti Brown Powell, sent me a note Wednesday.  

She was excited to tell that her youngest son Will had met my brother Kevin in Frenchtown, Mont. and that he would be working as Kevin's farrier. 

I told her that we Brown's from Sandpoint need to stick together. 

She agreed.   

~~~~

Guess that's it for this gloomy morning. 

Enjoy the story about Susie. 

Happy Friday. 






 

No comments: