Friday, September 01, 2023

How Do You Do, September!

 


Hello, September.

You've arrived in fine style with a breath-taking sunrise this morning. 

And, I've noticed a few leaves here and there around the yard preparing us for the rest of what you will bring. 

You are the month of yellow school buses, crisp fall mornings with fog in the air and dew on the grass, sporting events aplenty, folks taking off on fun trips, bees making their last hurrah,  school bells ringing and sweaters needed and endless football games on TV. 

All good. 

I can happily report that our Sunny has come home from her summer vacation. 

We were hearing of Sunny sightings at the next-door neighbors, but we did not see our barn cat until the night before last. 

It was kind of a strange sighting. A doe was out in Pasture No. 2 obviously going No. 1. When she finished her doe-like squat, she walked off and something white appeared where she had done her duty.

The white thing moved, and as it continued, I eventually recognized the figure of a cat which looked very familiar. 

Eventually, I could see the yellow and brown pattern on the mostly white cat. 

"SUNNY!" I called as the doe stopped and began to watch me as I kept calling "Here, Kitty," and Sunny moved my way. 

Even when I went through the gate out in the pasture to retrieve our long lost but really found cat, the deer seemed mesmerized by the scene, still not moving. 

About midway across the field, Sunny and I met.  I picked her up, and she seemed to purr.  I carried her to the house to show Bill and then back to her condo in the barn tack room. 

Sunny seems to be staying around.  I've opened the door a couple of times to see her lounging in the top floor of the condo. 

This morning she was out hunting mice in the Meserve Preserve.  

Only Sunny could tell us what she did on vacation, and I doubt she ever will. 

But she's home and seems to be planning to stay. 

We have no idea where Mooch, Sunny's squatting feline friend,  went earlier in the summer, but we won't be surprised when the nights are colder in this September if he finds his way back to the barn and the cat feeder.

Lots going on today, especially with area schools,  as you can see from the meeting notice below.  I understand there's also an emergency meeting with the NIC Board tonight. 





Hard to tell on first glance what this agenda signals.

After reading this morning's Daily Bee article, I'm guessing that the Board needs to be dissolved and reorganized because two members were recalled on Tuesday. 

Then, I'm guessing, the new chair will come from the remaining board members. 

That would seem logical, but in this wacko world we're living in, it's best to remain vigilant.  

Hoping there's a good turn-out of West Bonner County constituents at tonight's meeting and continued movement toward reasonable outcomes for the students of this public school district.




Happy Friday. 













No comments: