Sunday, February 18, 2024

Good Time Had by All

 



People are slowly appearing around this house after arising from their short night of slumber.  Dogs have done their duty outside in the rain.  

Now, it's snowing on this last morning of our family gathering here in Boise. 

We are waking up and cleaning up and will soon head down the road.  Annie plans to spend some time in Eastern Idaho geocaching.  

We'll be heading up HWY 95 through Idaho.  It's the first time in at least 15 years for Bill and me to take this route. 

We both used to drive it often, either by ourselves or together.  Many of Bill's trips to Boise were prompted by work responsibilities with the Idaho Dept. of Lands.

I came, quite often alone, to visit the kids while they were attending Boise State University where they all earned their degrees. 

In fact, one day during our stay, Annie took Foster on a nostalgia trip across the campus. 

With Debbie growing up in Boise, the Young Love's come down this way to see family and friends from time to time. 

This time we've all been getting to know Khami, Debbie's niece.  She's a smart and inquisitive young lady.  At age 12, almost 13, she adjusted to being around some old fogeys and did just fine.

It's been a great experience, alternating between family time, including a pleasant hike in the foot hills and watching State Tournament basketball games in Nampa. 

Last night we watched the 4A and the 5A State Championships.  Shelley won 4A, while Coeur d'Alene took the 5A crown over Lake City.  

During one game, I watched the entire ZAGS-Pacific Tigers game on my cell phone, or so I thought. 

I kept reporting the score and expressing my disgust with Bill about how they were letting Pacific beat them all through the first half, finishing one point behind at the half. 

The second half started out pretty rocky, but the ZAGS finally managed to pull ahead, winning by about 12 points. 

Twasn't until about an hour later that I realized that I had been watching the first ZAGS match-up against Pacific.  

It hadn't made sense to me that they were playing in their gym when I thought the game was scheduled for the Kennel in Spokane.

I also thought it strange that I could watch the whole game on You Tube.

The moral of this story is to look a little closer at your phone when you think you've found the basketball bonanza.  

We were all happy when I made this discovery that the ZAGS had not really deserved any of my impatient criticism when they easily won last night's contest by about 30 points. 

Anywho, I'd better sign off and do some more organizing for the trip home. 

Happy Sunday.  

Good bye, Boise.  You've been good to us.
 


















No comments: