Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Bunnies, Lily's and Annie: All Good





I was about to doze off on the couch after dinner. 

The dogs were snoozing, and Bill was on his way home from his conference in Moscow. 

Suddenly, Bridie jumped up and ran to the front door. 

I pulled myself from the couch and followed. 

What did I see?

Not tiny reindeer. 

No, these were three Easter bunnies, giggling away and one was holding an Easter basket. 

Having known the generous habits of one of the Easter bunnies on past Easters and other holidays, I did not have to guess who it was. 

And, because one bunny was taller than the rest, I could assume that I knew him also. 

But the third?  

Hmmm. 

Robin had to take her costume hat off before I knew. 

And, so, I had my first-ever official Easter bunny visit from two bunnies I'd taught and a third that I just plain know. 

These bunnies are of mid-70s vintage as far as their high school graduation. 

Now, though, like me, they are older, but unlike me, they have no wrinkles---just adorable and happy faces with pretty pink noses. 

Thank you, Karren, Lenny and Robin for the wonderful surprise and for your friendship. 

My only regret:  that Bill had to miss the bunnies. 

A sweet and fun gesture. 







💙💚💛💜💓


My grandmother's name was Lily.  

I named my Appaloosa mare Lily to honor her. 

I love the name and love the fact that two "Lily's" made the news today. 

They walk very different paths but both have the ability to light up our outlook on humanity by their amazing and inspiring examples. 

Congratulations, Lily Gladstone. 

Congratulations, Lily Richardson.

You both make us proud. 




If you are on Facebook, you can find the full series of photos, documenting a very special time for Best Actress Nominee and Golden Globes Best Actress Lily Gladstone. 

from the University of Montana, Lily's alma mater


UM celebrates Lily Gladstone today as she receives a stand-up headdress in her hometown of Browning, on Montana’s Blackfeet Reservation. The ceremony marks one of the highest honors from the Blackfeet Nation.

Lily, an enrolled member of the tribe, graduated in 2008 from UM with a Theater and Dance degree. In 2024, she won the Golden Globe and was Oscar-nominated for her work in “Killers of the Flower Moon.”

It’s amazing when our graduates go on to do big things, but it’s nothing short of inspirational when they travel full circle to make such a big impact on their community in traditional and contemporary ways.

We couldn’t be more proud of Lily’s success, advocacy, and the positive impact she’s making — embodying the heart of a Grizzly the entire way.
📸Tommy Martino

💚💛💓💜💗

Lily Richardson is a senior at Sandpoint High School.  We have gotten acquainted with her over the past couple of years because she played on Willie's girls varsity basketball team. 

She's an athlete, a scholar and a multi-talented young woman.  We wish her well in whatever path she chooses. 

Enjoy the article about Lily Richardson in today's Daily Bee. 

 https://bonnercountydailybee.com/news/2024/mar/27/shs-senior-considers-military-academies/


💪💪💚💛💜💙💓💪💪


Annie Love, granddaughter of Lily Halter, continues to amaze us with her spirit, courage, independence and sense of adventure. 

Knowing that she was on the trail and just a couple of hours away from a goal she had set for her Australian trip, I could not help but think of a day we spent on the trail in New Zealand in 2003, when I was 21 years younger than I am now. 

We were walking the Tongariro Passage on the North Island.  If I recall correctly, it was a 13-mile walk through a variety of terrain and foliage. 

Twasn't easy for me, but I was determined to complete the trip, especially after observing that I was the oldest person on the bus filled with hikers---maybe even the oldest by about 30 years. 

I struggled, but I also marveled at how all along the way, Annie would walk ahead and then she would walk back to be my cheerleader.  

In essence, by the time it was over, she had walked the Tongariro Passage twice that day. 

And, by golly, her ol' Mom made it through every kind of weather imaginable. 

It was a day I'll never forget, and so, I knew how special yesterday's trek was for Annie.  I'm also betting she walked that trail only once.

Bill and I are very proud of her.   


Annie's Australian Adventure:  A High Point, Literally


From Annie:  

Had an amazing time hiking to the top of Australia today! Though my legs are tired and clearly my sunblock failed me. 

But so worth the effort for the stunning views! Opted for the Main Range Track that included Mount Kosciuszko and a loop along and around other mountains in Kosciuszko National Park.

14 miles

2467 feet elevation gain

A cool thing for me about this hike was crossing the Snowy River. When I was a kid, one of my favorite movies was The Man From Snowy River. I realize the film featured locations from other parts of Australia, but still fun to see the namesake live.

💙💚💛💜💓

       Click on the video and scroll through photos.                      






























No comments: