Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wednesday Blend


I'm not really sure what this plant is. 

Earlier I called it a Jack-in-the-beanstalk geranium because it was in a pot among the geranium collection.

Since then, it's done anything but look like a geranium. 

It's been transplanted into a bigger pot and now instead of extending skyward, the stem has started curley-queing. 

So, I'm thinking now that it's a black-eyed susan.  I planted a few of those seeds so maybe that's it. 

One thing I do know for sure is that this morning's sky at dawn was glorious.  We have to enjoy this last day of lovely spring weather and then get ready for the daylong excuses to occupy the couch in front of the television set. 

March Madness begins a full schedule tomorrow after the play-in games are completed tonight. 




Speaking of play-in games, Boise State takes on Colorado tonight for a chance to continue dancing. 

So, for the Boise State University grads in our family (Willie, Annie and Debbie) and anyone else who is pulling for the Broncos to move on through the NCAA tournament check out the video below. 

Their coach Leon Rice has some significant ZAGS experience in his background AND apparently a good sense of rhythm. 

GO, BRONCOS!

Tip-off 6:10 p.m. PDT on Tru-TV






https://x.com/BJRains/status/1770164959625814261?s=20

https://x.com/BJRains/status/1770164959625814261?s=20




Twas another round in Roxane's indoor arena for CB yesterday.  

I spent some time working at his stockings, and for the most part, with mud drying up, they were fairly white when he was ready for Laurie to ride. 

He seems to thoroughly enjoy his grooming and ring workouts, so much so that when Laurie asked me if I wanted to ride him, I thought a second and then thought why not?

So, she held him while I climbed aboard.  Talk about a relaxing experience.  

As I told Laurie, if the body parts didn't hurt, I could ride forever. 

But, as she said, "No reason for anyone to hurt," so it was a short and very satisfying ride. 

I'm feeling confident enough about him now, that I'll probably ride him occasionally over here at the Lovestead-----with Bill close by, of course. 

He's a great horse for an old lady because he loves what he does. 








I don't know the full story yet, but another member of the Sandpoint High Class of 1965 seems to be getting his spring horse fix. 

Twice this week, I've seen my classmate and neighbor Gary Finney cruise by with his Percherons, his driver and a training cart. 

It's gratifying that us old farts can still find ways to enjoy our horses, especially on days like we've had this week. 






This is the "Be Prepared" ensemble near the garage door. The shovels and big broom are staying until we are absolutely sure that we've seen the last snowfall.

The pruning shears, rake and pick have been getting regular use this week:  shrubs, lawn debris and doggie do, respectively.  

And, the little broom has been available for cleaning snow and mud from boots. 

🌈🌂⛄

Below:  there's a fun fundraiser for the Bonner Community Food Bank this Friday at Tango Restaurant. 

Art classes at Sandpoint High School have made the beautiful bowls, and there will be soup from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. 

So, if you're around the area, it's always a good cause to support the food bank. See information below. 

🍔🍈🌽🍌🍎








Finally, I want to wish our daughter Annie aka "Adventure Annie"  safe travels as she leaves later today for Australia.

It's part work and part adventure with the highlight being some serious hiking early next week in the Blue Mountains and the Snowy Mountains where the classic movie "Man from Snowy River" was filmed. 

She'll be looking for a geocaches, of course, including one on Mt. Kosciuszko. 

And, of course, I'll post some of her photos. 

Have fun, Annie.  Stay safe. 

I hope you have the time of your life. 

Enjoy this segment from the movie. 





No comments: