Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Spring and the Bard

 


April . . . hath put a spirit of youth in everything. 

Now tis spring and weeds are shallow-rooted; suffer them now and they'll overgrow the garden.


Daffodils that come before the swallow dares and take the winds of March with beauty.



















Oh how this spring of love resembleth, 

The uncertain glory of an April day, 

Which now shows all beauty of the sun, 

And, by and by, a cloud takes all away. 


Spring thoughts by William Shakespeare, born and died on this day. 

1564-1616


It seemed appropriate on his significant days to share the items above. 

After all, I taught Shakespearean plays throughout my career.

I believe that the true way to appreciate AND to understand Shakespeare is to teach it. 

As one whose literary background and understanding has always been average at best, I am thankful for the responsibility of sharing Shakespeare with my students. 

This assignment made me take the time and effort to understand his language and his perspectives on the universe.

In a nutshell, I realized, through all that mental labor, that he had a pretty good grasp on human nature and nature itself. 

Imagine if a Shakespeare were in business nowadays. 

He would need at least a couple of lifetimes to capture all the comedy, tragedy and history that we experience on a daily basis.  

Maybe he could get some assistance from Artificial Intelligence. 

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to have to sign on to teach Artificial Intelligence cuz it's just about as hazy in my mind as those Shakespearean plays were before I did some studying. 

Would someone please explain the gist of Artificial Intelligence to me besides the fact that you can fake it if you use it?

Please don't cheat to make the explanation.  Thank you. 

😏😏😏😏😏😏


Another gorgeous spring day is upon us.  

I thought yesterday was supposed to be one we could put in the "lovely" category, but when I went out and circled the lawn on the riding mower a few times, I nearly froze today. 

Hopefully, today will be warmer. 

That will be good for the garden.  I have planted beans and chard this week, and, so far, the transplanted cabbage and lettuce have survived the frosts.  

One welcome spring development here in the neighborhood is the return of the beehives down the road.  So far, there's not much here at the Lovestead for them to do their work, but it won't be long. 

I'm guessing the horses will be out on pasture by this time next week, and, by that time, we should be seeing some blossoms on fruit trees if the frosts have not played havoc with them. 

Today's agenda includes some more lawn mowing and more painting of fence boards.  

Looking like a pleasant and fun day ahead. 

Happy Tuesday. 


Prepare for mirth for mirth becomes a feast. 


Let's go hand in hand, not one before the another.


All places that the eye of Heaven visits

Are to a wise man ports and happy havens

Teach thy necessity to reason thus;

There is no virtue like necessity. 




















No comments: