Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Scenes from A Summer Evening






I've never had Canterbury bells before.  

Apparently, when I planted these last year, they waited a year to make their grand entrance. In the spring, the plants came up, I had no idea what they were until they started blooming. 

Two plants have established themselves in the south end of my garden. 

Many of my flowers are suffering and wilting from the intense heat, so it's nice to have some new color to replenish the beauty.  

Yesterday while Bill went fishing at Lightning Creek, I finished mowing the lawn, took a shower, ate a bite or two and then took the dogs for a spin around our neighborhood and a few others in Selle, Oden and along North Kootenai Road. 

It was a pretty evening, and the sun was still casting its glorious rays from the west, creating some beautiful country scenes in pastures and fields where hay has just been harvested. 

I love the summer nights here in the farm country because every evening presents a variety of bucolic scenes.  

Now, it's time to get ready for this day's blast of heat.  Looks like we're going to be dealing with it for at least another week----101 forecast for Sunday. 

Happily, the beauty here in the rural areas makes it tolerable. 

Happy Wednesday. 

Enjoy the photos. 

























 

No comments: