It's the week that was, and it ain't over yet.
One more item on the calendar for the week: a 50th year reunion tonight for the SHS Class of 1976.
And, then, maybe a breather will come after several days of company, appointments, get togethers with friends, the U of I basketball practice and probably some stuff I've forgotten.
It's been hectic but fun with the many amazing people with whom I've spent time.
Weeks like this make me really happy that I maintain a daily blog because if I can't remember, I can always check the blog for reminders.
I'm also hoping we get a breather from the heat. Even a couple of degrees will be nice.
I dropped off a jar of jelly for Tom and Joanne the other day.
The stop gave me an excuse to snap some photos of her barn quilts, which are appearing all over their beautiful little farm.
The place is alive with gorgeous flowers and lots of funky fun stuff.
Sue Self Scully, Marianne and Lynette Brinker
The two ladies above were in town for a reunion.
Since Sue, on the left, could not attend tonight's gathering, she contacted me yesterday and asked if we could meet for a short time during the day.
So we got together at MickDuffs, where I had the pleasure of meeting Sue's friend Lynette from Grangeville.
Sue, who now lives in Lewiston, went on from SHS, graduated from Idaho State University and became an award-winning educator and principal.
She and Lynette have known each other through Idaho education and political circles.
And, of course, with educators getting together, there's seldom a loss for words and always a wealth of stories to share.
So, we did, and we had a wonderful time.
This week's extra heat has been great for the garden.
One afternoon, in between all the socializing, I pulled full-grown weeds from my potato patch, and, with several pullings, came an assortment of new spuds.
If I can pull weeds and net a collection of spuds like those below, I can't wait for when it's time to dig up the potatoes. Looks like a great potato year at the Lovestead.
Also, more tomatoes are ripening, and the cukes are growing.
Sadly, the heat has done a number on the lettuce, but there's still some out there worth picking.
And, of course, almost every day involves more blueberry picking.
My first sunflower of the summer has popped open, and it's mighty pretty.
Happy Saturday.















No comments:
Post a Comment