Sunday, September 20, 2026

All in a Day at the Show

 


Two days down. One to go. 

Cowboys and cowgirls, young and old, with their horses, alive or inanimate, have had a blast at the Emerald Empire Arabian Horse Club September Showcase. 

Today the show wraps up but certainly not the oodles of memories.  

Whether they were winning first place in a class or enjoying tasty meals prepared and donated by Scott and Barb Marcinkowski or visiting in the stands, I observed people enjoying themselves all day yesterday. 

The same was true for me. I loved every minute spent at the show. 

In between snapping pictures, I met some new friends and spent quality time with some long timers.

It was especially neat to see the enthusiasm and energy of younger kids participating in lead line or stick-horse competition.  That bodes well for the future of horse shows.  

Get 'em giddy upping when they're young, and they'll take on the torch, both showing and organizing horse events in the future. 

There's an inordinate amount of work and planning that goes into putting on a horse show, and, from what I've seen, it's all come to fruition for participants and organizers alike. 

The show starts again around 9 this morning and will run through the afternoon. 

Classes are held at the Bonner County Fairgrounds indoor arena, and it's free. 

Come on out and enjoy the fun and all the pretty horses. 






































No comments: