Friday, April 08, 2011

An OMG Zippedy Doo Dah DAY!



Where to start! Where to start!

For now, the avian melody outside my window seems good enough until I'm finished writing.  I'm not worried about where to start with my blog this morning, rather where to start to make the most of this splendid gift from Mother Nature.

I heard that tomorrow we'll be using a word I heard quite often in Ireland:  brilliant.  That's the adjective sitting right in front of "sunshine" in this morning's weather forecast for Saturday.

Brilliant! 

I'll take it.

Yesterday I went to Home Depot and picked up a five-gallon bucket of white fence paint and two gallon buckets of red barn paint. 

The object: to be in ready mode the very instant that our weather permits me to get my brush and cover up the thousands of horse-inflicted scab marks on the barnyard fence.

Red paint will be slopped all over the front-deck planters which went a year without a brush up. They're looking pretty desheveled with all their bare spots.

Besides the painting project, I'll transplant a few lettuce plants into the small garden area running around our dog kennel.  Lettuce usually does well around here from this point of the spring onward, so it will be nice to get it in the ground and watch it grow.  

Maybe in a couple of weeks, I'll be stealing some leaves for hamburgers and soon after that maybe even a salad. 

There's an ad in the Nickel's Worth for Heather this week, so there could be calls and maybe even prospective buyers coming to look at her. 

Again, extreme ambivalence---if there is such a thing---rules my thoughts about parting with her.  What makes it worse is that she keeps looking at me as if she knows. 

If she does sell, I'm expecting some heavy emotional moments, but my common sense about finances has to overrule my heart on this one.

Bill is downstairs organizing his fishing gear.  He's taking time off this to head out to his favorite spring fly fishing holes.  He may even take Kiwi along.  She loves fly fishing and uses common sense as she watches Bill in action.  He loves to take her too.

I'll have all the doggies this weekend because Willie and Debbie are headed for Seattle.  Word has it that they'll be waving Sounders flags and scarves tomorrow afternoon and munching on goodies at the Mariners game tomorrow evening. 

A full plate of sports for them, compliments of Annie and their friends in Seattle.  

It's a day we've been waiting to see for not only weeks but months.  

All the right ingredients are in place for a time we can truly call the start of spring:  excitement, birds singing, open windows, sunshine,  drying mud, adrenalin within just bursting to be unleashed and to jump into action.

I guess I'll listen to my inner self and get going on this OMG Zippedy Doo Dah Day!  Who knows?  I might even get to saddle up Lily and take her for a spin.

Happy Friday.

No comments: