Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Frigid Splendor







I regretted not bringing along my new snowshoes yesterday afternoon after finishing some errands in town and then heading to the City Beach. 

After walking a ways, I also wished that I had worn a warm hat as opposed to my baseball cap.

A brisk northeasterly wind was whipping through the area, and it was definitely cold.

Enjoying the splendid beauty of the cold, partially frozen lake surrounded by snow-covered mountains superseded my need to keep those ears warm. 

The scene was just too alluring to turn around and return to the warmth of my car.  Taking photos was also a cold, almost painful process as I'd removed my gloves with each click of the camera. 

Once folks got a grip on the most recent of the big dumps of snow, most complaining ceased and taking advantage of all those winter offerings went into high gear. 

For the past few days, I've been enjoying breaking new segments of trails around our yard and woods with my snow shoes.  By the way, the ease of putting them on these days is impressive as compared to those first efforts when the straps needed adjusting. 

This is the kind of winter that reminds me of the good ol' days when bundling up and going outside to play seemed to be the rule rather than the exception. 

This early 2018 snow cover offers breath-taking beauty virtually everywhere and abundant outdoor opportunities.  

As long as it stays that way, nobody will hear one complaint out of me. 

It's a gorgeous and exhilarating way to start off a new year. 

Happy Wednesday.  














No comments: