Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday "Summery" Assorteds







I covered my cucumber plants last night.  The storm clouds of the past few days had moved on, and clear skies made for a cold, crisp night. 

Happily, all is well with all the plants this morning, and it looks like the cold nights have ended.   

Next week we'll be in to the mid-90s, so I'm looking forward to enjoying the moderate, nice days ahead. 

This morning Terra, who's now out of school for the summer, will be coming to hang out with Lefty for a while.  I think she'll be helping me with CB too.  

He hasn't quite mastered exactly what to do when I say "trot," while leading him at my side.  So, we'll do some practice up and down the lane with one of us urging him on from behind while the other holds the lead and runs with him. 

CB has caught on to most of his lessons of young horse life quickly, so I'm hoping this little challenge will be the same. 

The lawn is mowed.  The yard looks beautiful this morning.

I'm thinking I'll have to cut into the beauty of my lovely lettuce and chard today so we can have a fresh garden salad tonight---heightened with the flavor of home-grown Walla Walla sweet onions. 

Summer is getting closer to being official with no more yellow school buses going past the place and a whole lot more horse trailers replacing them. 

We live in a pretty horsey neighborhood, and with two arenas and a stabling facility nearby, we see lots of out-of-town horse rigs which use the Sandpoint area as an overnight stop. 

Often first thing in the morning, while I'm doing my chores, the rigs are heading out for the next leg of their trip. 

And, as they move on, so do we, embracing each new day of garden growth and singing birds and frolicking doggies and outdoor activities aplenty.  

After all, if we don't take advantage, winter will be here before we know it.

So before I head out there to take on the rest of this new and lovely day, I'll leave you with a little Geoffrey Chaucer.  May you sing "cuckoo" and have a wonderful day. Enjoy the photos. 




Summer has come in,
Loudly sing, Cuckoo!
The seed grows and the meadow blooms
And the wood springs anew,
Sing, Cuckoo!


The ewe bleats after the lamb
The cow lows after the calf.
The bullock stirs, the stag farts,
Merrily sing, Cuckoo!
Cuckoo, cuckoo, well you sing, cuckoo;
Don’t ever you stop now,



Sing cuckoo now. Sing, Cuckoo.
Sing Cuckoo. Sing cuckoo now
























No comments: