Saturday, May 09, 2020

Saturday Slight







Debbie having a chat with Annie after selecting her flower baskets. 





Debbie and I attended Flower Basket Day yesterday.

I don't know if it has been so deemed, but it sounds good to me. 

For the past several years, Kari and Sage Saccomanno have ordered and provided lovely baskets for pick up during the first weeks of May.

And, so, my daughter-in-law and I drove (separately, of course) out to Wrenco to pick up this year's baskets.

Mine now hang on my deck, and that means it's time to start transplanting other flowers I've started in the greenhouse.  

Lookin' like a jungle in there as petunias, African daisies, marigolds and pansies are taking off in daily growth spurts.

So far, only the marigolds are popping their blossoms, but I'm sure the petunias aren't far behind. 

Today offers a perfect day to get the transplanting process going.  I feel confident because I put out some test plants two nights ago, and they're doing fine. 

I've also sowed lots of seeds in various places, keeping no track of what went where cuz it's nice to have a floral surprise when they start growing. 

Transplanting means full steam ahead in the daily watering and dragging hoses around the place. 

I won't plant any annuals where hoses won't reach so have to depend on the perennials to do their own thing each year.  

Adding iris and daffodils to those flower bed mixes brings out more color every year---without any efforts on my behalf, 'cept for the planting. 

Anyway, it's probably the best spring day of the year so far.  We're expecting temps in the 70s. 

Lots going on today, so I'll keep this post definitely "slight."

Happy Saturday.  If you're in North Idaho, enjoy the sun. 










Love that Debbie. 

She's a savvy shopper who is on to some of the tricks other shoppers perform while looking for items in demand.

Using that knowledge, she has found more Clorox wipes for the Love house.

Thank you, Debbie. Clorox wipes have never looked so good.   





Ol' Festus was out and about in the morning sun today. 



                             
                                   Photo by Annie Love  -- Seattle, Wash.

No comments: