Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Beyond Words















It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood. 

Not so purty, though, in America, the Beautiful. 

May we, please, wake up from this national insanity and discover that it's all been just a bad dream???

When talking with friends and family about the surreal and disturbing events and images that keep unfolding in this country, I have run short of words.

I did, however, hear some hopeful, gracious words yesterday amidst all the other bizarre scenes that played out in places like Minnesota, Washington, D.C. and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. 

So, I'll let those words speak today.  


“First of all, first of all,” Terrence Floyd (brother of George Floyd) said. "If I’m not over here wilin’ out, if I’m not over here blowing up stuff, if I’m not over here messing up my community — then what are y’all doing? 

Nothing, because that’s not going to bring my brother back at all."


"So let’s do this another way," he said. "Let’s stop thinking that our voice don’t matter and vote…because it’s a lot of us and we still going to do this peacefully.”


 One important four-letter word stands out:  

VOTE!

May there come a time when we can once again proudly rejoice throughout this nation at 

America, the Beautiful. 


























No comments: