Tuesday, June 15, 2021

A Dark and Stormy Morning

 





Looks like we've seen the last of our brief but wild thunder and lightning and rain storm.  

It started about 4:15 and seems to have settled down for a while. 

No wind, to speak of this time, and since I mowed part of the lawn yesterday, that makes me happy. 

It's nice to not be facing yet another round of limb and leaf pickup on a newly mown lawn.

We do have a darker than usual morning but the "stormy" part has headed on its way. 

Soft raindrops are hitting the metal roof outside my window.  It's calming and nice and warm. 

We should have some good garden growing weather because after today full-blown summer returns. 

BTW:  I picked up my final, final installment of flowers at The Flower Farm yesterday. 

I told them last week I was done purchasing flowers, but when I learned about 20 percent off for fan club members and a drawing, I made one more stop.

This time, African daisies came home.

The place still has lots of gorgeous petunias and other annuals.  










The dogs and I went for an evening drive last night.  

As soon as Foster heard Bill say he was planning to "GO" to Grouse Creek, the little guy sensed that maybe HE was going to get to "GO" for a ride.

Foster loves to ride shotgun, and he's ready to "GO" any time there's a hint of such possibilities.

He was so excited, staring at me and furiously wagging his little nubbin, that I broke down and said we'd "GO" for a drive. 

Then, I heard a yelp from the other side of the door leading to the garage.

While in the garage, Liam listens to everything happening inside the house.  It was obvious HE wanted to "GO" too, even if he still whines and cries whenever the car comes to a stop. 

Well, Liam had to cry and whine when I spotted the horse below walking through a pasture on Selkirk Road. 

Not Lily but a definite reminder.  Just bigger spots. 

In the early evening light, this pretty Appaloosa leopard was nothing less than eye catching.

So, as Liam whined, I clicked.

I saw lots of beautiful summer scenes along my two rural drives yesterday.  The Pack River swimming hole on Colburn-Culver is once again attracting swimmers. Soon, cars will be parked for nearly a mile along the road.  

People were also out biking and riding their horses last evening, and cows were relaxing across the road after enjoying tall grass in their pasture.

I'd say the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer have arrived, and today's rain may ensure that things will grow and our recreational areas will stay safe from fires for a while.  

Happy Tuesday.   









No comments: