Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Clocks, Tests and Seafood

 



Nobody told Liam that ZOOM time has returned to the Lovestead, thanks to the latest Covid wave. 

Bill had three ZOOM meetings yesterday, and the evening session upset Liam's schedule.

We don't really need a clock at our house because we have Liam. 

When it's precisely 7 p.m., it's time to go outside for the first potty run of the evening. 

In the evenings, Liam likes to spend most of his time lying on the bathroom floor, so when his inner clock starts inching toward 7, he gets up and comes to the living room to stare at Bill. 

As soon as Bill sees the persistent stare, he knows what time it is. 

Well, Liam ran into a problem last night. Bill was involved in ZOOM meeting at 7 o'clock, in the bedroom with the door shut. 

No Bill to stare at. I figured he would come to beg me with those Border Collie eyes to take him out. 

Nope, Border Collies are regimented.  It's not my job to take him and the others out at 7; it's Bill's.

So, after a few minutes, Liam and the pack lined up near the bedroom door, waiting. 

Knowing Bill probably would not leave his ZOOM meeting to take the dogs to go potty, I put on a coat and took them outside. 

They seemed to do fine. 

I don't know how often during this current Covid surge that Bill will have ZOOM meetings at "go out" time, but I do know that last night's situation was a bit unsettling for Liam who fiercely sticks to routines and always on time.

~~~~

In other Covid-related news, I read a post by a friend last night revealing how careful we, in this area, need to be right now. 

The New York Times this morning says that the Omicron virus is peaking or has peaked in several areas of the country, but not so much in the Northwest. 

It has taken time, like the other variants, to reach our region, but its impact has suddenly begun to affect individuals, teams, schools, etc. 

I asked my friend if I could post her thoughts, and she agreed.  

So, just some food for thought in hopes that everyone will make an effort to be more careful.  The bad news is the level of contagiousness; the good news appears to be that the wave moves quickly and goes away fairly quickly. 

But, as my friend and others have said, it's not just the flu. 

Here are her words . . . . 

Now is the time to let you know that if you are very careful and fully Vaccinated… plus have your booster shot and you can avoid the new Variant Omicron… don’t let your guard down like I did. 

Wear a mask, social distance and keep up the hand washing, avoid large indoor gatherings. 

I had a great day watching my oldest Granddaughter Audrey play in a Volleyball tournament in Spokane with hundreds of people… most not wearing masks.

I had a false sense of security. 

I wore a mask most of the time but let my guard down, and a week and a half later I can say that Omicron is a super spreader. 

It’s different and worse than getting the flu and don’t trust an early PRC test if it’s negative. Wait 5-7 days to be tested from when you think you were exposed.

Because yes -I have Covid. 

Now I’m feeling stronger but this is not for sissies if you are 65+ years old(69 years)or unvaccinated. 

Be smart- trust me. This is nothing you want to have. 🚫🦠

Be well, stay vigilant and let’s encourage each other to stay healthy. We have zero idea how this will affect us long term.


Thanks, my friend, for sharing.

~~~~~ 


Also, thanks to everyone who is doing their part to pass the word on how to easily order four free Covid tests. 

Here's the link.  It takes all of 90 seconds once you click. 

https://special.usps.com/testkits




Some fun news:  

Bill and I have stayed at a bed and breakfast in Clifden, Ireland, on our past three trips. 

It's called Sharamore House, and the hosts are John and Sue Brittain. 

https://www.sharamore.com/

On our last visit, they told us about an experience where an Irish chef named Neven Maguire who has his own food show had come and filmed an episode. 

https://www.nevenmaguire.com/


https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2022/0119/1274568-neven-maguire-whips-up-a-hearty-fish-breakfast-in-connemara/

Well, today they get to see the results, and, they sent us information about the episode which airs live at 12:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time or 8:30 p.m. their time. 


John and Sue are delightful people, and Bill always figures a trip to Ireland is complete with a few opportunities to enjoy Sue's pancakes. 

Everything else is tasty and satisfying too. 

Anyway, we're excited for John and Sue, and if you have any interest in watching an Irish food program, you can give it a try. I downloaded the RTE Player for free. 

The program is scheduled to air on RTE 1. 

Disclaimer:  One never knows if this is going to work, but if it does, it should be fun. If you can't watch at that specific time, I'm sure there will be a video available later. 

Happy Wednesday. 













No comments: