Tuesday, November 22, 2022

On a pre-Turkey Tuesday

 



It's warmed up a bit around here.  We're supposed to have a brief snowfall and some rain overnight, and Turkey Day may be somewhat nice and in the 40s. 

Yesterday I was able to take my Sears Craftsman lawnmower and mulch up a whole lot of leaves in several bare spots in the yard. 

Every leaf counts, and it felt good to get rid of an abundance of those which had fallen over the past couple of weeks. 

The horses had their shoes removed AND I finally gathered all the materials necessary to renew my passport. 

The forms and my current passport, along with a healthy check, have gone off to Philadephia for processing. 

No trips to Canada for a few weeks but the process is in motion to ensure future trips north of the border and to other destinations abroad. 

Kinda weird thinking that this may be my last passport renewal.  Those stark reminders do pop into one's mind when completing certain tasks. 

Today I'll be passing along the goodies I've collected or prepared for Thanksgiving dinner to Willie.  He'll take them home, and then he and Debbie will get started preparing the feast. 

They're amazing cooks and wonderful hosts.  









Dear Kaden,

It's been really fun getting to know you over the past few months.

By the way, my name is Marianne.  Just thought I'd let  you know so you wouldn't have to go to the computer to check.

Anyway, I have a favor to ask. Will you do your best to see that your great-grandma has a really nice birthday, all day long. 

She deserves it, and I'm sure you and your mom would agree. 

Your great-grandma is one of Sandpoint's beloved treasures, and it will be nice for her to have a really pleasant birthday because of all the pleasantries she extends to everyone else. 

She's one of the stars of Sandpoint's living history, not only with her infinite knowledge of this community and its people but also because of the history she, personally, has lived throughout her life in Sandpoint.

I'd say her story is about as close to Norman Rockwell's depictions of the wholesome, idyllic life.  

Your Great-Grandma Helen is giving, helpful, knowledgeable, dedicated, smart as a whip, funny and a true blue friend to so many people there are not enough feathers in a turkey to count 'em all. 

And, Kaden, I know that she has really enjoyed having you hang out with her and your great-grandpa.  

This segment of your personal history and her personal history is probably one of the more meaningful chapters in your respective lives. 

And, by golly, I would be remiss in not mentioning how much I have appreciated her all these years as a valued friend, trusted confidante AND blog editer.

My friendship with Helen has generated a continuous and delightful cascade of laughter and memorable moments.    

Please, Kaden, give her some assistence checking for glitches in today's post---just to make her job a little easier. 

Also, give her a big Love hug from those of us golden oldies at the Lovestead.  I know Bill loves Helen as much as I do.

Have a wonderful day celebrating this gem of a great-grandma.  She's one of a kind, and I can guarantee you that the memories you have now and will create with her will be priceless. 

And, BTW, when you come back to visit her again, be sure to stop by the Lovestead. 

For readers:  Kaden is an 8-year-old dynamo from Alaska who has been staying with Helen and Skip while his mom Zoe works as a traveling nurse here in Sandpoint.  

Happy Birthday, Helen!

~~~~


Annie's Excellent Adventure to MALTA

Annie flew from Seattle to Dublin and then on to Rome over the weekend.  All went well until she arrived in Rome, but her bag did not.

I haven't heard yet whether the bag caught up with her as she flew out of Rome the next morning to Malta, an island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.

That's where she'll be spending Thanksgiving, geocaching, watching World Cup soccer and just embracing the ancient world history and cosmopolitan culture of the island. 

Below  are a few photos she has posted so far. 

Happy Tuesday. 


 



















No comments: