Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Got Endorphins

 







I'm not trying to cheat by suggesting that those are early spring blooms from my metal sunflower.

  Instead, you're supposed to notice the dirt, even somewhat dry dirt at that. 

And, those sweet William's look pretty good too. 

Twas a coming-out-from-under-all-those-dead-leaves party in my wagon-wheel flower bed yesterday. 



~~~~


I've never taken a picture of an endorphin, but I can pretty much imagine what they look like. 

Most likely, we'd see hundreds of little smiley faces bouncing up and down inside our brains, causing us get the lead out with a "spring" in our step and to feel a little giddier than usual. 

I think when the first endorphins of spring arrive, lots of humans get really giddy and turn into busy bees. 

Plus, they get more tired than usual by the end of an endorphin-filled day. 

That's kinda how it was around here yesterday. 

My resident endorphins and I bounced around from project to project, never getting to bored with any one task. 

The agenda included loading up limbs and leaves and hauling them off to the woods, raking up dirty grass along the driveway, cleaning out a flower bed, snipping hair from horses' bridle paths and beards, washing dogs, fixing stuff, etc. 

All this while chickadees cheeeeeezeburgered, squirrels chirped, robins flitted and crows said all sorts of things. 

Twas a day with a whole lot less couch potatoing, for sure.  

I even noticed last night that my fitbit shot up to more than 20,000 steps as opposed to the 15,000 winter average. 

Twas a fun day staying busy outside, and today could even be better since there's a fresh batch of endorphins awakening in my brain and a whole lot of sunshine predicted. 

Oh, we still have winter, and they say we'll have some more snow tomorrow, but when spring comes and whenever Mother Nature gives you an inch of bare ground, you make use of it. 

Lots of receding happened in yesterday's warm sunshine.  

I was amazed this morning to see how much snow has disappeared from the north lawn, where I'll put my endorphins to work today. 

I think the geese were on endorphin overload early this morning cuz they were already squawking and honking in the darkness when Bridie and I went for our first walk. 

We've been seeing AND hearing more and more of them each day. 

I saw on Facebook that someone in the area spotted her first crocuses for the year. 

I'll be on the lookout, now that I've removed the snow pack from the bed where my crocuses grow. 

Lots of good spring stuff, and, of course, more dirty dogs, but it's fun and when stuff is jumping for joy in your head, ya gotta love every minute. 

Happy Wednesday.  May you have an endorphin-filled, happy day. 











No comments: