Thursday, April 11, 2024

Hope Revisited . . . Again; TBT

 





Twas another quick drive to Hope with the dogs last night on the second night of this year's "Golden Hour" photo opportunities.  

It's after dinner.  There's amazing light. It's drop dead gorgeous, so off we go. 

Most of my photos were taken at the "Old Hope, Pioneer Cemetery aka Chinese Cemetery on the old road to Hope.  

Local lore says some of the Chinese railroad workers were buried in the cemetery in the late 1800s. 

I'm sure the history of that site includes a variety of tales. 

Whatever the case, in my mind, it's probably one of the most pristine and beautiful spots on Earth. 

The people who are buried there are lucky to lie in eternity with a view like that.

As always, a trip to Hope and the views of our ever-present always gorgeous jewel called Lake Pend Oreille did not disappoint. 

Nor did yesterday in general. We seemed to have worked out our homeowners insurance dilemma. I followed up on my blog topic of slumber parties by calling my classmate and friend Joanne Buhr Rohn. 

Such an upbeat, fun lady with a phenomenal outlook on life at 77 even while recuperating from a broken shoulder. 

Joanne, our telephone visit made my day. 

The day also saw the final push for digging up sod which has been spreading in my garden spot.  

I divided the somewhat rigorous job into segments, digging up just a few pieces a day and hauling them off.  

That's the way we oldies but goodies have to do such tasks at this age, but it worked and it's done, so I am happy. 

Today is looking like another beauty, and they've promised us an even better weekend.  With Annie coming home tonight, the nice weather and the beauty of an ever glorious spring will make for a nice visit. 

Happy Thursday.    











Thursday Throwbacks from the Photo Library


As always, I just scrolled through my photo library on the desktop computer and picked out an assortment featuring folks I've known or fun scenes around the area. 

This morning's collection and the beautiful weather outside make me pinch myself, as I do many times while appreciating the blessings of life I enjoy living here and knowing so many wonderful people.

It's a great life.  

Enjoy. And, do click on the video for lovely listening while you scroll. 





































No comments: